Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail holding the calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizerath

Vendor
Jan 9, 2003
US
I have a Norstar voice mail version 4.0. AA is running on it but no CCR tree. If a caller calls in and then either hangs up or leaves a message in a mailbox, the NAM will hold the line upwards to a minute or two at times. This happens on all lines. SBC states that the line has line disconnect on the line, but who really knows. Can anyone tell whats going on with the NAM and how to take care of this????

Thank You in advance....

Assuming supervision on all your trunks is turned to on, and you are experiencing really long disconnect supervision timing, some modified instructions in the greetings users hear when leaving a message can help. You may also need to modify wether "return to AA" in the NAM is yes or no. In the mailbox owners greeting, get them to instruct the caller to press ## at the end of leaving a message. The nam should then play "thankyou for calling, goodbye" or something to that effect and hang up on the caller. I can't fully test it here because i'm using a CCR Tree... I'll see if i can try it on a customer's site. If its different or doesnt work i'll repost.

Default time on the Norstar system is Discon Timer 460, Ask SBC what they are set at.

Thank you all for the help. I adjusted the disconnect timer and everything is working fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back