Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail forwarding problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alecra

Programmer
May 1, 2007
GB
Hi,

We are having trouble with voicemail forwarding from switch A (61C) to switch B (81C). All vocie calls are fine but when a user doesnt answer or is busy the call will hunt/fdn to the voicemail pilot number but seems to be missing whatever flag tells the VMX its a forwaded call so it just acts as if the user has dialled the VMX and wont go to the unanswered phones mailbox. I have done some trac's in LD80 and all looks okay, it states that it is an inderect MW call, has the correct dial DN and originate DN.

Any ideas? I was looking at possible CLS problems, but my experiance on this sort of thing isnt great.

Thanks for any help you give!

What connects Site A and Site B to each other?

~~~
[small] [©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators [/small]

5 T1's. TIE trunks. Does what I said make sense??

There's your problem...maybe. You need PRI's between sites in order to have the called and calling party sent to the voice mail system. Essentially, you must network the systems together for one site to utilize telephone answering to voice mail located at the other site.

It's possible you have PRI's, but you didn't know to answer that way, which leads to think you may want to engage a vendor to resolve this. The good news is, lots of places do exactly what you are trying: Two sites, one voice mail system.

~~~
[small] [©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators [/small]

Glad to hear its a common thing we are trying.

I know we have a support contract so I guess from what your saying the average switch tech (me) probably shouldnt attempt this? is it difficult to configure? and I should actually utilize what we pay for??

Just looking at the drawings (and I know this works) the VMX is located off of switch B (81c) and all voicemail scenarios are good (external to switchs A and B, internal from A to A and B to B and B to A are all good), except Switch A to switch B calls. There is a dedicated T1 ATVN to carry internal calls from Switch A to switch A. Its just when a call is made from A to B it fails to go to the mailbox.

If im honest I dont understand what an ATVN is vs a TIE

Thanks for all your help. (I hope this is all making sense!!!)

ATVN? Are you a military customer? That's Autovon, and generally only used in government and/or military applications. You're over my head already :)

One of the most interesting things about Autovon is, for example: A Sergeant is on a call and there are no lines available. If a General wants to make a call, their call just "zaps" the the Sergeant off the line and the General dials out without delay.

~~~

Yes we are, but having read that article (Quite interesting!!) We are not using the trunks for what Autovon was designed for. So am not sure why they are set that way.

Could the fact they are Autovons be my problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back