Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail Embedded Hunt Group Announcements 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

buzzuser

Technical User
Jul 14, 2007
GB
i have told the system that the voicemail is embedded

then gone to the group and ticked the box announcements on

its not working ? should i need to do anything else.

so much easier in vm pro... never touched embedded

What level of software/firmware? Did you upgrade the embedded card?

ACS - IP Office Implement

not sure what version im on. i will check tomorrow. i did update it on december ,

as for the embedded card i have no idea again i will take a look

have admin 4.1.15 on it just download the new version IP Office 4.1(15) Q2 2008 Administration CD Maintenance Release and will install it later..

Have you upgraded the prompts in the EVM(Voiceail) card?

Have you upgraded the prompts in the EVM(Voiceail) card?

no idea on t he above ??

There are Docs on the Avaya site that talk you through upgrading the prompts on the Embedded card.

Once you have done that look at this:
Embedded Voicemail does not include any default Hunt Group announcement or method for recording an announcement. The Record Message short code feature is provided to allow the recording of announcements. The telephone number field of short codes using this feature requires the extension number followed by either ".1" for announcement 1 or ".2" for announcement 2. For example, for extension number 300, the short codes *1N# | Record Message | N".1" and *2N# | Record Message | N".2" could be used to allow recording of the announcements by dialing *1300# and *2300#.

ok i will give that a try later... need someone to talk it thro with... its been a few years :)

amriddle01 is absolutely correct. A Star to you. I've done this on many systems, and it works like a charm.

short code: *13001# (Where group is 3001)
Feature: Record Message
Telephone Number: 3001".1"

This records first announcement.

short code: *23001# (Group is 3001)
Feature: Roecord Message
Telephone Number: 3001".2"

Records Second announcement.

so the queue will not work until i have recorded the annoucements ?

It will but you will just get hold music and no announcments.

did get that i set it all up but the phone keeps on ringing.. it will not queue ? i have the config here and can see it and it all looks right

In fact that's right, it will ring while in the queue as the holdmusic is tied in with the announcements tab. If you look in call status you should see it queueing. If not have you got "queueing on" ticked in the Queue tab? If you do un tick "Announcements on" and see if it queues then.

done all that and still no good.

in system - voicemail is set to embeddedd

in group 200 - there is 1 memeber 203 then i have ticked queue at no limit then annoucements is ticked

not recorded anything yet as im not on site till monday.

when all this is set the calls go straight to the phone and do not queue.

i can email the config if u want to look,,,

Yes, UN tick "annoncements on" and then try

The call will go straight to the phone if it's not in use!! It's the calls after that that will queue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back