Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail Email

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickwts

Technical User
Feb 23, 2005
US
Has anyone successfully set up Voicemail Email. I am running Voicemail Pro V3.0 (13) Intuity Mode. I have user account "voicemail" and I have an email account "voicemail" set up in outlook express. I want to copy voice messages to an email account, but it doesn't work.

have you set it up as smtp in the preferences of VMPro? It defaults to MAPI. Also in the control panel you need to setup VMPro email settings and the smtp server.

So if your email account is Voicemail@acme.com
Your smtp account is mail@acme.com

MAPI and Outlook express will work!

Can you successfully send an email from the VM pc? What sort of email system are you using (internet, exchange etc)? Have you ticked the option to allow programs to send mail without warning the user?

Take Care

Matt
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Thanks...I was able to get it to work.

I didn't notice that there was setup to do in the Control Panel.

Make sure Relaying is enabled on the SMTP server fot the address / name of the SMTP server.

ipo.gif
Umm anotherprivatebuild !!!

Isnt relaying one of the security checks where they say make sure relaying is turned off???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back