Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail coverage on DID calls only?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ficek

Technical User
Jun 7, 2006
US
I have a customer that only wants DID calls to cover to voicemail. Transfered calls recall to person who transfered them and intercom calls just ring. I shut off voicemail in the user tab and directed DID calls on the incoming call route table to a Voicemail Pro call flow which does an assisted transfer to the specific user. This works but is confusing to the caller. The Voicemail answers immediately and puts the call on hold, calling party receives MOH if available, and performs an assisted transfer. The calling party hears no ringback. The only thing I can think of is to record a please hold wav file and let the caller know their call has been answered and is being transferred. Any other ideas for a better solution would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I apologize. IP office 406v2 3.2(55) VmPro 3.2(30)

Create a shortcode like this:

SC = *6XXX ( for three digit number scheme, add a X for four digits )
TN = #N
Function = VM Collect
LineID = 0

For the user :
Set in Telephony the transfer return time to 14
Set the No Answer time to 16
Set the Divert on busy and Divert on no answer target to *6extension number
Disable the Huntgroup option and disable the internal option.

It is important to set the transfer return timer to 14 sec, do this for every user!

Point the DDI call directly to the extension, after 16 seconds the call goest to VM and access the users mailbox to leave a message.
If a internal caller transfers a call to this extension then the call will not reach the VM as the transfer return timer of the transferring use is set shorter as the Divert on no answer timer.
A intercom cannot follow any divert setting so this is not a problem.
A internal caller will ring on the station infinite as the divert settings only apply for external caller.

Piece of cake huh?

Thank you for the reply! I knew there had to be a better way. Much appreciated!

Are you sure about that short code?

I think you are going to need some "" in the telephone number field?

I tried it out and it seems to work fine.

I have used it many times and it works as i discribed, the only drwback is the end-user, they can really mess up things by changing the divert settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back