Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail Collect to another extension 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLLeBoeuf

Technical User
Sep 28, 2006
US
I need to find a way to program a Voicemail collect button that will allow me to access another extensions voicemail.
Any ideas? i've tried a lot and so far nothing seems to work right.suggestions are greatly appriciated.

when you press the vm button, you should be able to enter any ext you want.

But i'm looking to program a button on a 5420 phone that sort of works like a Voicemail Collect (VMCOL) button but for a specific extenion, i want the same capabilities of a normal Voicemail collect button....

Create a usershortcode like this :
SC = *99
TN = ?Extension number of the mailbox to listen
Action = VoiceMail Collect

Button = Dial, action= *99

if in IP Office mode the VM Server tells you there are xx messages, if in Intuity mode the VM Server will ask for a password before entering the mailbox (i think )

I have already tried that, because of the Voicemail collect button it automatically defaults to the original phone (i.e. if i'm at extenion 4100 and i want to get the voicemail of extension 4200 ...i dial that short code, i get the voicemail of 4100). all because of the voicemail collect option.
Thank you though

Then do the following :
create a module in VM Pro named CollExtn123 were 123 is the desired extension, connect the startpoint to a read mail action with 123 as the mailboxnumber

Create a usershortcode like this :
SC = *99
TN = "CollExtn123"
Action = VoicemailCollect

try dial, with the telephone number the same as the dial sequence of dialing star17,,,,vmbox number

not sure, but wirth a try. might have to put a d, or a y after the star17.

Intrigant was right in 6 Dec 06 14:37.
But you should not use a Shortcode in VMpro, not module.

(Modules are accessed via Incoming call route, Destination VM:modulename)

You can use both, a shortcode-entry in VM Pro gives a answer delay of 2 rings, a module will be answered by VM Pro directly.
Both can be dialled with a shortcode.

Shortcode entry:
SC = *99 This gives a answer delay of 2 rings
TN = "Name"
Action = VoicemailNode

Module entry:
SC = *99 Direct answer
TN = "Name"
Action = VoicemailCollect

Ronromano,
I learned something. I allways thought you had to create a shortcode: *98 ?Anonymous VoicemailCollect for that to work. A star for that one. Thanks.

"The Lack of money is the root of all evil

Guys your all making a mountain out of a mole hill....isnt there a short code in all the manuals for.....

*99 (can be anything)
"?Anonymous"
VM collect?

This then enable you to pU any vm from any handset!!!

As the 54xx and 56xxx have *17 programmed into their envolope/mail button why not just alter the original code for *17 to be the anonymous one..

Thus when anyone press's said button it will ask for mailbos and code etc!!!

Or if you use VM pro in intuity mode it does this in default, I suspect you are using VM lite....

[lightsaber]

Ok, Let me show you what i found, a fellow employee of mine an i were working on it last night. Here's what we found:
In VM Pro under short codes, create a start point heading towards "get mail" in specific, point that to a specific extenion.
in Manager, create 2 short codes, one that says:
SC: *99
TN: getMail
F: Voicemail node

and...

SC: getMail
TN: getMail
F: Voicemail collect

I created a button to appear on the phone as a "Dial" and then the short code *99

worked here. Thanks guys..

IPOJedi,

Don't think we dont know the Anonymous option, the desired option is to open a users mailbox with only one keypress without the need to enter mailboxnumber and PIN code.

Just a thought without any call flow altering...

1 button extension access to specific VM without entering mailbox # or pin #:

a shortcode for each desired extension access :

SC:*XX (whatever you want as a shortcode)
TN:desired extension number
Action: VoicemailCollect

Then in the source number tab of each user put VXXX(where xxx is the extension of the phone that is going to access the voicemails).

Then on that same phone program each buttons to dial *XX, the shortcode to collect the specific extension.

done.

Yaze.
Chaos, Panic and Disorder, my work here is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back