Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail box locked out, fixed but its now asking for LOG instead of PASSWORD

Status
Not open for further replies.

zuff

IS-IT--Management
Jun 7, 2021
US
A heads up, I'm not a phone guy so all of my knowledge is from googling Nortel systems.

Someone did something over the weekend and locked the mailboxes. I did the usual feature 983 and reset the password but the office manager said that something wasn't the same.

She said that usually they'd hit the VM button and just dial a 4 digit password and get right in, now its saying LOG: and you have to dial the VM extension PLUS the password (eg: 490000).

What would have caused this and how can I get it back to the way it was before?

Check under mbox/change, the mailbox number should match the extension number, press next to see the extension number example: mailbox 222 should show ext 222. The only one that should be different is the general delivery mbox, depending on your extension length it will be mbox 10 for 2 digit or mbox 100 for 3 digit extensions. Usually the general delivery is assigned to reception, example mbox number 100 has extension set to 221. Once you have those correct it will ask for password only.

phoneguy427 said:
Check under mbox/change, the mailbox number should match the extension number, press next to see the extension number example: mailbox 222 should show ext 222. The only one that should be different is the general delivery mbox, depending on your extension length it will be mbox 10 for 2 digit or mbox 100 for 3 digit extensions. Usually the general delivery is assigned to reception, example mbox number 100 has extension set to 221. Once you have those correct it will ask for password only.

Thanks for the reply. I'll make sure those are setup correctly. Side-note, should Auto-Dial be on Y/N?

If you mean Feature * 82 (Autodial, Standard, Pre-Dial) then that is a user preference.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back