Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

voicemail box asks for extension and password at remote site

Status
Not open for further replies.

coneill79

Vendor
Apr 14, 2005
US
Hi all,

I have 2 IP Office 406v2's connected through SCN With a VM Pro server at 1 site. I just recently upgraded the systems to 4.1.12 and the VM Pro to 4.1.40. My problem is that at the remote site when a user trys to access there voicemial it asks for an extension and password, while at the main site it does not. before the upgrade it didnt ask for extension and password at either site which is the way the customer wants it. so if someone could help me find a way to have both sites not ask for extension and password I would greatly appriciate it. Thanks in advance!

Are you using the default VM button? If so check the users to see if they have a specific shortcode programmed in that automatically enters their extension and password. If this is how it is set up the remote site may need the shortcodes programmed again.

You can try a Visual Voicemail button as well.I haven't used this in an SCN environment yet-but it's a good feature.No login or password-all the options appear as button presses on the phone.

Look in monitor if you see "?number" in stead of "number"
It should work with 4.1.12 and 4.1.40
I tried it yesterday :)

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back