Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail and Ringing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kanute

Technical User
Aug 17, 2002
US
KXTD1232, TVS100:

Hello all,

I'm trying to figure out how to get this combination to do what I want. The customer has 6 CO's, 4 hunting lines, 1 fax line, and one spare line for doctor use. I need the voicemail to answer with its autoattendant on CO's 1 and 4 after 5 to 6 rings, no day and night mode.

Also, I haven't found a way to get an extension to forward to voicemail if it is in DND or after a certain number of rings without forcing the doctors to learn how to call forward their extensions. Can the system just go to voicemail by default if I set DND on a phone or after 4 rings?

Thanks!

Steven

yes it is called intercept routing and can be done
on a trunk group basis!!!yes you must forward busy no answer
to ext 165!

Thanks for the reply!

Just a couple more questions concerning the voicemail...

Can I just setup IRNA to route to x165 then configure all the voicemail ports to use the Custom Incoming Call Service? I'm assuming its that simple. I wouldn't have to setup a port on the voicemail to explicitly handling incoming CO calls would I?

Second, do I have to setup the Custom Call Service Tree through the serial interface on the VPS? Or can the manager perform this programming through his telephone?

Thanks again for your great replys!

custom dialing menu is done with laptop
recording is done thro the keypad.

yes most of the systems i do are set up irna ext 165
and use custom dialing menu one user prompt one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back