Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

voicemail alternatives

Status
Not open for further replies.

85adventures

Technical User
Jan 31, 2011
US
We currently have Avaya Communication Manager 6.0.1 and Avaya Modular Messaging 5.1. Due to Microsoft's end of support for Windows Server 2003 as of July 14th, I am researching alternatives. I realize the natural next step would be to upgrade to Avaya Aura Messaging. However, the quotes I have received are cost prohibitive. I also understand Avaya Aura Messaging has made it much more difficult for the end user to record caller application announcements and messages.

We only have about 850 mailboxes on our current system, and use only 5-8 ports, depending on the time of year.

From what I understand, Avaya Communication Manager Messaging is out of the question since our CM is duplex.

I've been looking at Duvoice, but am not sure how well that would work in a university setting (faculty/staff, no student voice mail accounts). It seems to be more hospitality-centric.

I've also been looking at AVST, but am concerned that the cost would be similar to the cost of Avaya Aura Messaging, with little, if any, additional advantages.

I'd really appreciate hearing from anyone that might be able to weigh in on the systems I'm looking at, or propose an alternative system I should consider.

Thanks.

Do you use Exchange 2013 for email? If so, consider Exchange UM

>I've also been looking at AVST, but am concerned that the cost would be similar to the cost of Avaya Aura Messaging, with little, if any, additional advantages

You might be suprised , for a smaller system (like yours) AVST costs in quite well as they price per port - withas many mailboxes as you want

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back