Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VoiceLogic VP412 Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

ROCKENMA

Technical User
Nov 11, 2002
US
I purchased a VP412 about a year ago and it has
worked pretty well until recently. In particular, it
seems to be dropping incoming calls. Outgoing calls are
not a problem .. just incoming ones. The line drops after
a few seconds. Sometimes, if you hang up and pick the phone
back up ..the other party is still there... often the line just drops and the call is lost. My software version is 2.02 .. anyone know where I could get a chip update to the
2.021 version .. assuming that might help my situation.

I'm having the same issues and am wondering if you have resolved it.. I'll be in the middle of a conversation and the call will just drop. also a new problem has started where if I plug in my cordless phone into any of the ports and tell it to ring through to that port, when someone calls, it will ring a few times and then act as if the cordless pickup up and then hang up on the caller.. the machine will not answer and play the main greeting. The phone does work fine for outgoing calls and using the VP functions.. also, if I disconnect the cordless the VP works.. also if I plug in an old wall phone into the same port, it all works.. I also tested the cordless by plugging it directly into the wall and the phone was working fine.. HELP HELP HELP..

It appears that we both purchased somewhat of a "lemon". I am assuming you also do not have the most recent version of the firmware chip/software with your VP. I tried everything but removing the battery which powers the system. Unfortunately, I spent a great deal of time attempting to fix the problem on mine. I did the reset button as well as the software reset. I then proceeded to re-program my entire system settings.. it did not solve anything. If you dig around on tek-tips, you will find several other threads referring to problems regarding the VP systems. Up to this point, your my only response .. I have pretty much given up at this point ..since nobody seems to be able to provide the newer chip upgrade. I ripped my VP system out and went back to direct phone lines... cannot say that I miss the system.. it certainly had its problems .. including out-dated documentation. I wish you luck .. if you ever come across anyone willing to provide the chip upgrade, please post a response back. (Wishful thinging in overdrive) Thanks.

A Company by the name of American Business Communications is the new importer of this product. They can provide you with software upgrades and will do Repair on the units. amerbiz.com Phone 616-235-0973

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back