Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voice witness sound playing error

Status
Not open for further replies.

hhscam

Technical User
Sep 5, 2008
KH
Dear all,

I attached the error message that i received when trying to play back the voice record from witness system.

Error msg "No replayable content was found for this item. There may be a problem retrieving the content. See your systems administrator"

Does anyone have face this problem before? Does anyone have any idea how to solve this problem?

Thanks,
hhs

hi
Are you using tapes, DVD or SAN solution it will come up when the call record in the database can not find the correlating WAV file on the storage system

OK, Fellow Witness victims. I got a dooozy for you.
We are running Witness 7.7.1 integrated to a Nortel CS1000 E via an NT8D02 digital line card with 2616 phones as the integration points that connect to the app server in office #1. Our Witness BDR and another APP server are in office #2 also integrated to a seperate CS1000 M Nortel PBX.(across WAN)

We have been having a big "audio quality" issue for the last 4 months or so. It affects about 30% of our calls. The sysmptoms are silence gaps and cross talk of 2 conversations at the same time and static etc.
We have replaced the Dialogic card in the Wit App srvr in office #1. We have reseated the NT8D02 card in office #1. And we have collected dozens of call examples for the Witness tech support team and they come up with nothing for the cause.
They are also telling us that our integretion via the NT8D02 card and programming in the office #1 PBX could be the issue and they are questioning this design.

The thing is, WITNESS was the one that did the install in both offices. We have just been administrators primarily.

Does anyone else have Witness 7.7.1 integrated to a Nortel CS1000 via a NT8D02 digital line card? We are trying to see if anyone has this integration so that we can compare notes.

Thanks in advance.
Sorry for the long wind

what kind of media are you using from archive that calls???
they server Viewer, Recorder and Database are sync???
the drive location that RetrievalCache is full???
There are any possibilities.... try it and take us a feedback.

Dear JulioLima,

Thanks for your reply.

Actually we do not use any kind of media to archive calls? (we have a big hard drive on that server)

How do i check to see whether recorder and database are sync on Viewer server?
And how do i check the RetrievalCache?
Could you guide me throgh this?

Your help is much appreciate.

Thanks and best regards,
hhscam

What is the Client OS are you trying to view this on?

It's windows XP Professional.

you can sync the recorder, database and viewer time across prompt command (like net time \\server_database /y) from the recorder and viewer for the database server. If the time between recorder, Viewer and database are un-sync, do you probably will have some problem with the call retrieval.
At the Viewer server, there are a scheduled task to clean the RetrievalCache content.
Do you could take a look at this scheduled task.
Pay attention.. the ServiceAccount needs to do admin privileges, for this task work fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back