Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voice Session prompt won't play

Status
Not open for further replies.

james343

Technical User
Jun 26, 2007
HK
Hi! Could some enlighten me on an issue I'm having? I just recently integrated voice ports of SCCS 5.0 with Callpilot 5.0 access ports. However, in testing the access ports by calling the CDN with the test script I could not hear the prompt. I checked the TN of the access port and Its giving broadcast and all voice ports in Symposium are "acquired login". Any information to resolve the issue would be greatly appreciated.

This is one of the more difficult capabilities, because everything has to be configured correctly or the voice segment will not play. And there is a lot to configure "just right".

You need to go back over the configuration in all three components (switch, SCCS, Call Pilot) and follow the documentation exactly. I find the Symposium, M1/Succession 1000, and Voice Processing Guide (297-2183-909) to be a good place to start.

There is not enough information in your post to debug your issue, but (assuming, the configurations are correct) I would ask if you set up an application for the voice segments on Call Pilot and then used the name of that application (exactly, it is case sensitive) in the value of the voice segment variable on the SCCS.

Milesprower, I think I correctly followed the document for the configuration, I just don't know what else that I missed.
Here's what I've done so far;

* Created ACD ports in the switch. Posting TNB of access ports;

DES CP
TN 008 0 09 00
TYPE 2008
CDEN 8D
CTYP XDLC
CUST 0
FDN
TGAR 0
LDN NO
NCOS 0
SGRP 0
RNPG 0
SCI 0
SSU
XLST 0
SCPW
SFLT NO
CAC_MFC 0
CLS TLD FBD WTA LPR MTD FND HTD ADD HFD
MWD LMPN RMMD SMWD AAD IMD XHD IRD NID OLD VCE DRG1
POD DSX VMD MMA SLKD CCSD SWD LND CNDD
CFTD SFD MRD DDV CNID CDCA MSID DAPA BFED RCBD
ICDD CDMD LLCN MCTD CLBD AUTU
GPUD DPUD DNDD CFXD ARHD FITD CNTD CLTD ASCD
CPFA CPTA ABDD CFHD FICD NAID BUZZ AGRD MOAD
UDI RCC HBTD AHD DDGA NAMA MIND PRSD NRWD NRCD NROD
DRDD EXR0
USRD ULAD RTDD RBDD RBHD PGND OCBD FLXA FTTC MCBN
FDSD NOVD CDMR MCDD T87D PKCH
CPND_LANG ENG
HUNT
PLEV 02
DANI NO
SPID NONE
AST 00 01
IAPG 0
AACS YES
ACQ AS: TN,AST-DN,AST-POSID
ASID 17
SFNB 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12 13 18 22 24 25 26
SFRB
USFB 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
CALB 0 1 3 4 5 6 8 9 10 11 12
FCTB
ITNA NO
DGRP
PRI 01
MLWU_LANG 0
DNDR 0
DTMK
KEY 00 ACD 7055 0 7080
AGN
01 SCN 7071 0 MARP
02 MSB
03 NRD
04 TRN
05 AO3

*Configured 8 access channels in Callpilot
*Configured voiceports in Symposium (all v-ports are acquired)
*Acquired IVR-ACD DN (7055)for the access ports in Symposium.
*Setup application in callpilot "sccs_prompts".
*Setup script variable; "test"
Value:English:sccs_prompts:1
*Created test CDN with test script, posting the script;

GIVE RINGBACK
WAIT 2

OPEN VOICE SESSION

PLAY PROMPT VOICE SEGMENT test

END VOICE SESSION

DISCONNECT

Hope that you can point me to the next step, thanks for the feedback!

Make sure that the actual recording of the announcement is located in the call pliot application that you have specified in Symposium for the script variable "test". Symposium will let you put almost anything in the script variable, it does not test to see if the recording is actually present.

Did you assign channel IDs in both Symposium and CallPilot? Do you have the ACD-DN configured in the SDN table in CallPilot? Have the CallPilot and Symposium configuration wizards both been set up for ACCESS? Is MAS Link Handler #2 service running on Symposium?

Sandy is getting into the detail. I ask some more questions:

did you update global settings in SCCS? The IVR ACD DN for the access ports needs to be specified. I usually create a variable for it and also put it in the command:

OPEN VOICE SESSION access_acd_dn_gv

Thanks everyone for the help!

Sandy, Yes, I've assigned channel IDs in both SCCS and Callpilot. I've also assigned 7055 with Symposium Voice Services in Callpilot SDN table. Callpilot and Symposium have also been setup for access. And yes, MAS Link Handler Port #2 is running.

Miles, 7055 had been set in SCCS global settings and I've also tried your suggestion in creating a variable and putting it on the script but the prompt still doesn't play.

I already tested and confirmed that the recording is present on the application by calling a test SDN with application "test".

Sorry its not working yet, James.

more things to check: in Global Settings mailbox and password both set to 1111.

In SCCS server setup configuration under voice tab: the E-LAN IP of the Call Pilot must be input along with a port value of 10008.

In the Call Pilot configuration, the C-LAN IP of the SCCS is programmed.

Voice port channel numbers start at 1 and go up. No leading zeros (do not put in 01). They should match the class ID on the Call Pilot side.

Hi Miles! Global Settings mailbox and password are both set to 1111. ELAN IP of Callpilot is also set in Voice Connection Tab with port 10008. And yes, CLAN IP of SCCS is set in Callpilot. Voice port channelnumbers are also set to 1 then goes up (no leading zeros). Class ID on callpilot matches voice ports in SCCS.

Its just frustrating that it still doesn't work. Thanks for the patience to help me.

So..that brings to mind another question. How do you have the application configured? You should have the recording defined as a Voice Item. Your Begin block should be connected to your End block -- nothing actually on the page.

And - Do you have ACCESS already working for Voice Sessions?
I'm guessing not, but if you do, you can only have one ACCESS link active (in case you are defining Broadcast as a new Q).

Make sure you don't have SU05 installed on CallPilot we are doing an upgrade and if SU05 is installed on CallPilot Access port's even though they show acquired will not work. Nortel has acknowledged there is an issue with SU05 on CallPilot and PBX 5.0 above.

If you have also double checked the Call Pilot application setup per Sandy's post above, then it's time to reboot everything in the proper order. Take both Call Pilot and SCCS down.

Restart SCCS and let it come all the way up. When all SCCS services are up, then start Call Pilot.

After Call Pilot is all the way up, then check that all the access ports status are Acquired Login. Give it another minute or two and then call your test CDN.

If you still have problems, it is possible (as dj4020 mentioned) that you have patch issues. As SCCS Rel 5 is no longer supported by Nortel, I'm not sure how far you will get, but you'll need to work with your vendor's support team to verify you have all the proper feature packages and patches on the switch, call pilot, and SCCS.

dj4020 - I could not find SU05 in the list of installed patches on Callpilot. I think its time to open a case with Nortel. Miles is right, it's going to be hard getting support from Nortel since SCCS 5.0 is EOL.

Thanks everyone for all the help!

FYI - I once had this issue (everything was checked three times and it all was setup correctly) before it was discovered a feature package was missing on the switch. So it is worth the effort of checking the settings out on all the systems even if SCCS is EOL.

I had a similar thing happen. Nortel had me delete unused and unacquired cdn's and users. There were a ton of them in the system.

I don't know why that fixed it, but it sure did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back