Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voice Services not working/RPC server is unavailable 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

nconick

MIS
Sep 28, 2005
US
I have an SECC server that stopped playing the VS recordings. When I try and go to the Admin Wiz and launch VS, I get the RPC error. This started shortly after the customer tech mistakenly built a phone set on the VS card. That card keept rebooting itself until we found the set built on it. We outted the set and the card is stable now but I still get the RPC msg and recordings still don't play.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Looking at the age of this thread you may have already solved this.

Not sure of the answer but RPC is a service that runs on the server (Remote Procedure Call) perhaps this service is not longer running and needs restarting. I suspect a restart of the SECC server will solve it also.

captaingadget, thank you for your response. I have restarted the SECC server several times and tried restarting (stopping/restarting)the RPC service as well without any luck. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

Hmmmm, difficult one, looks like the original cause of the problem was the voice services card, so i would be tempted to put a bit of effort in that direction.

Maybe try taking the card out of the chasis and re-inserting it.

It may well require a complete re-build from scratch if it has become corrupt with all the restarts after trying to become a phone interface.

Thank you both for your additional help. I will look at the card setup, etc. We had tried pulling the card and reinserting it but that hadn't helped at the time. I didn't try that after we outted the phone and the card stopped rebooting itself because I thought it was ok at that point. I'll try it now. Thanks again.

if the card is working correctly, you will see on the lcd display K:x, where x is the number of ports you are licensed for. if you don't see that, the card is down. also make sure if you have license for x ports, all x ports are built out, or the card will crash randomly.

Thank you janeenaj for the advice. I'll check the card.

additional thought: stop & start the VS Service Monitor (on the desktop) anytime you change the VSC config or status (pulled it out, etc)

Thank you all for your input. I ultimately had to disable the card in LD 32, pop it out of the chassis for about 5 minutes, reinsert it, make sure it was fully booted(I think this is where I didn't wait long enough)about 10 minutes, re-enabled it. All the ports then came up as "logged in". It started working! Thanks again everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back