Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voice Recording - Message 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

robspwing

IS-IT--Management
Oct 29, 2008
US
Thanks in advance. I am running the IPO 500 Manager 6.2 (14).
IPO = 4.2(14), Voice Mail Pro.

I have a request for calls that come in on a certain extension to be recorded. I believe all that I need to do is set that up under the Incoming Call Route, Voice Recording, and set the Recording Inbound option and the Recording Mailbox option or I can choose to do the manual option. Either way I go, I think there is a message that is played when you record the call notifying both parties that the call is being recorded. Is there a way to take that message off?

Rob

Doc, we better back up. We don't have enough road to get up to 88.

In the VM Pro client click Administration then Preferences/F9 and untick "Play advice on call recording" :)

ACS - IP Office Implement

"What the Crocodile Hat....was that?

Welcome :)

Thanks amriddle01

Is there a way to take the recording notification off for just an individual user? Do I do that under VM Pro, Users?

Rob

It's all or nothing I'm afraid :-(

You could route calls to that number through a VM callflow that gives your own recording message before transfering to the usual destination and leave recording on the incoming cal route :)

The issue is that we have about 7 users that are taking calls for another company and most of the time the caller will call one of the seven directly or one of the seven will call the person back and we need both inbound and outbound calls recorded, I think that I am going to turn on recording for those 7 for all inbound and outbound for about a week to see how much disk space those recordings take up.

Rob

It's not diskspacve that's usually a problem it's that each recording take up a VM port, if you have plenty you're fine :)

how do I check the VM port count?

Rob

How many do you have licenced, as that's your max, by default the base is 4. Also SSA will tell you and VM Pro client will say how many current sessions are running

Under IP Office System Status, I assume that is what you meant by SSA??, I have Voicemail Pro (4 ports) - Instances = Unlimited.

Is that it?

Rob

Yep, looks like you only have 4 ports of VM, that will be mirrored in Manager under licences, if that says you only have 4 then you can only record 4 calls but then nothing else VM related can happen, you can reserve channels for certain things but you will need more than 4 ports for recording 7 calls obviously :)

Thanks again amriddle01

Rob

one more question (sorry so many)

I am going to test the call recording with one user
In the IPO Manager, Users, under the Voice Recording Tab, I have "ON" for Recording Outbound and Inbound.
I also checked the Voice Recording Library (auto) and Voice Recording Library (Manual)

Where do I check to see where the call recordings are going to be saved?

Rob

I am checking the VRL folder daily and there seems to be call recordings that are disappearing after several days. Is there a setting to only keep the recordings for X amount of days?

Rob

By default the recordings will be going to the extns (the one that is being recorded's) mailbox.
To route calls elsewhere, using the IP-Office manager, on the 'User' - 'Voice Recording' tab (where the 'Recording Outbound' and 'Recording Inbound' options reside:-

- There is also an 'Auto Recording Mailbox' followed by a checkbox 'Voice Recording Library (Auto)'.
The first is a drop down list from which the mailbox into which to deliver the Auto records can be selected, by default the users mailbox, or to select the VRL directory check the checkbox.

- There is also an 'Manual Recording Mailbox' followed by a checkbox 'Voice Recording Library (Manual)'.
The first is a drop down list from which the mailbox into which to deliver the recording requested from the extn can be selected, by default the users mailbox, or to select the VRL directory check the checkbox.

Therefore if you want the recordings to reside for longer, setup a mailbox, say a huntgroup mailbox, and target the users auto call recordings to that mailbox. Use the housekeeping settings to determine how long they are to be retained (though this is a system setting).

I have a question related to the auto recording/manual recording mailboxes. I have manager setup for manual recordings to go to the users personal mailbox, and the auto recordings to go to a hunt group mailbox that was setup for this purpose. Some how the auto recordings are going to the user's mailbox instead of the hunt group that I selected under auto recording.

I currently do not have the checkboxes to the right of these options checked, don't really understand what these do, manual is not very informative. Should these be checked? Thanks

That is how it works.
You need contact store to do what you want.

ACSS-sarcaSME

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

Thanks,

Just to confirm, i need to check both boxes next to the manual and auto recording mailbox selections? I am newbie, can you give brief explanation of contact store?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back