Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voice recording devices 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 14, 2005
US
Can someone help me with finding a device that will record employees telephone calls within our customer service center. We have a Definity G3r rel.9. Thanks for you help

We use Verint here. NICE is another I've heard of but never used....

There are many sources out there for recording.
From my experience; none are cheap. As for the pricing, it depends on the number of agents or stations you plan to record - they get you with licensing fees.

OnviSource; Nice; VoiceLogger Inc

this one does third party hosting: voicelog.com

It is about like buying a car; you can get a base model or one that included some really nice features.

best regards!

AVAYA Supports Witness Contact Store. Of course it takes a lot of infrastructure to get it working (AES Server, you'd probably have to IP enable your G3R R9), etc.

It works very well, and has all types of add on features for indexing and logging the calls, and can be made seamless to the end user(s).

Plan on spending between $35K-$60K for it though.

Mitch

Depends on how you want to record them?

station side - records i/c o/g and internal calls
trunkside - only records i/c o/g NOT INTERNAL CALLS
voip - cmapi uses softphone in voip recorder to observe and record target.

If you don't have cti or recording is important go with station side, is labour intensive though if you move agents about.

stationside doesn't require cti but will only display start time extn etc without it.
trunkside HAS to have cti otherwise it is needle in haystack trying to find a call.

NICE - good product cr@p support
WITNESS - better product cr@pper support
VERINT - ok product excellant support

Verint recently purchased witness so expect to see contactstore disappear in 12-18 months.

When I was born I was so suprised I didn't talk for 18 months

Can any of the products mentioned be used to record calls at the IVR port level instead of trunk-side or station? Thanks in advance for any suggestions/recommendations.

Ding07,

first, why do you want to record ivr? i don't think it can say anything unusual to a customer. :) second, it depends on an ivr connection. if it's t1/e1 you may use trunk side type recording or service observing/single step conferencing. if it's voip, you have additional option of going with passive voip.

biglebowski,

don't forget service observing option, either via physical ports (analog/digital/ds1) or voip.
however, if that pbx doesn't have cti already and there are no plans for upgrade the only option is station side. you can't add cti to R9 any more.

We have T1 lineside connection between PBX and IVR, so trunk side should be used to record IVR calls. Thanks, dwalin!

Ding07,

not necessary line side. if you want to record some ports at the time (selective recording), service observing solution may be more cost effective. it depends on your setup and your task.

I may need both, trunk side and selective recording, thanks for the clarification.

Ding07,

if you describe your task in more detail i would be able to help you find an optimal solution.

dwalin,

Really appreciate your help! Currently I don't have specifics, but definitely I am looking for a full-function, high-capacity, high realiability call recording (and screen)solutions for our call center including IVR applications. I have done some looking around, the list of vendors some of you mentioned are interesting such as NICE and Verint. We do use one of the NICE products NICE Analyzer with our Avaya Communications Manager and CMS. I like to know more about NICE call recording products (not just brochures). The smooth integration and deployment in our existing Avaya systems would be the key.

Ding07,

well, i can't say much about verint since it is nonexistent in our part of the world. don't know why but so it is. as for nice, we've been selling and implementing their cmapi solutions for some two years now, never had much trouble. very reliable product, i mean older 8.9 platform. can't say much about perform though, we've got one or two sold but not delivered yet so i don't know what problems may arise. i haven't had any troubles with it neither poking around at training sessions nor stressing it in my lab. time will tell but i do like it. both versions are easily integrated with avaya call center, if you know what to do it's like 1-2-3. careful designing and planning is a key though, however i think it is true for any kind of a project not only nice. :)
and offering help i mean exactly that, designing and delivering call centers and almost anything related to them is my piece of bread, i do it all the time and can advise you. having an independent opinion may be useful.

dwalin,

Again, thanks for the information you provided. I know that IP based call recording is one of the applications Avaya CMAPI can deliver. What is the cost for the CMAPI software (for both Connector Client API Library and Connector Server Software)? Thanks!

Ding07,

cmapi clients connect to aes server, just like tsapi and cvlan clients do. aes itself can be ordered as software only for something about $40, cmapi partner license cost for nice or witness call recording solutions depends on amount ordered, it's about $100 in small amounts and more you buy the larger discount you'll have, down to about $60 if you order 1001 port or more. if you buy cmapi license as is without partner application the price will be significantly higher, twice or more. and of course there are tricks you may use to save money playing with this and that to reduce overall cost, i won't describe every one in detail it's just boring.

For both of these questions, check out as they offer (basically broker) multiple systems to meet the need of the client. Their prices are reasonable and they are very knowledgeable.

Their site has a great explanation of the different types of call recording also.

Thanks very much JimM76 for the link! You also got a star!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back