Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voice Recognition Directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

pestatp

Programmer
Oct 3, 2005
US
I work on a large Marine Corps base and we are looking for a new system for the base directory. We want it to have voice recognition and be a fairly proven system. Any one have any suggestions as to a good one or even the best one? Thanks!!

Call Pilot doesnt have voice recognition but the corporate directory works great, the user just has to dial a few of the digits of the last name, then the name is spoken by the Call Pilot recording of the name of whos box it is.

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

Hey John, we do use call pilot currently, however, the powers that be want voice rec. So that plan got ruled out.

Tell them my TAX Dollars are paying for what they got, so live with it.

Nortel has a voice directory application that runs on it's Periphonics IVR's that does speech rec. Not cheap.

ensatech.com

I work for a product vendor that does Nortel, Cisco, Iwatsu, and Esna Tech (among others). Of all the voice mail systems I work with the Esna Tech system is my favorite and does not only speech recognition but text to speech (yeah I know the CallPilot does this as well but the speech engine in the Esna product is MUCH better).

I have deployed it exactly as you are asking about. It can be done for both external callers and internal callers but in some cases we have just hooked it up for internal people so they would call a special number on their system and go into a menu, they would speak the name of who they want to talk to and the system would transfer them there. Works great!

Okay everyone thanks alot for those. I have emails into them to get some more information. If anyone has any other ideas, I would sure like to know.

Call Pilot has Voice Recognition Capibility, have you checked that out.

Call Pilot voice rec cant be used for names and departments, only for mailbox numbers. That won't work, I need an app for directory assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back