Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voice quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

gallow05

MIS
Dec 29, 2005
US
Since we replaced our phone system to IP Office, we constantly having echo or the other parties couldn't understand what we were talking to them, either on incoming or outgoing calls.

Avaya has replaced the PRI board. IP412 board is in back order, waiting for replacement.

Is it a common problem with IP Office?

What release are you on? Also is this happening on internal calls to other extensions?
Also is it happening on every single call or is it random?

We have upgraded to 3.1.48 two weeks ago, and it did not help. The internal calls are working fine, only external calls. If I reset my PRI circuits, it will last me for one or two days. At the beginning, it was random and getting worst to every single call if I do not reset the PRI.

We experienced a problem with a 403 using analog trunks. For some reason you would have horrible echo in your ear, the client could hear, but you couldn't hear them. We struggled with it for some time and never did really come to a resolution (we replaced the system with a Partner due to size). We've not had this issue on multiple units, just the one, so we're going to have a tech do some inhouse testing to see if we can narrow the problem down to the phones, or if it's an issue with the system itself.

if using ds phones Try Turnning acg to disable under options on the phone

We are using 5410 and 5420 phones. I turned off the AGC on mine phone, no help.

We were using those two PRI circuits on our old phone system(Definity)and never have this problem.

I have monitored this IP Office Forum for a while, and did not see anyone has this problem. I was hoping someone out there can give me some clues.

Thank you for your help.

You may want to ask your TelCo about Echo Cancellors. The Definity's have an option bit they can set for this, but not the IPO. The TelCo should be able to do it on their side. Also, how many PRI's? Check the clocking if you have more than one. In most cases, only 1 should get their clocking from the Network and the others should be set to Fallback.

I have 2 PRIs, line 5 and 6. Would it make a different which PRI I set to network? Current setup - line 5 is Network and line 6 is Fallback.

Thank you for your help.

Doesn't make a difference which one is set to Network.

I have reset my PRIs last Tuesday. It has been behaving since then. I talked to one of our Telco technician yesterday, he has no idea what I was talking about when I mentioned the echo cancellors. I guess I am going to have a hard time with my Telco. Any suggestion?

Again, thank you for your help.

Ahh, dealing with the TelCo, what a delight! The hardest part about talking to the TelCo is talking to the right person. You need to find a competent switch tech. This alone may be a hassle,as their are multiple departments that relate to the switch.

IPOdan,

I am 100 percent agreed with you about the Telco. Where are you located? Would you like to be a consultant, in case I need help?

I reside in the Mouse House, Florida, and I just want my own projects to work correctly :)

Anyway, I wanted to thank you for your valuable information.

gallow05, you have two PRI's on line 5 & 6.
This implies a dual PRI card.
If you have a 406V2 then the Dual Pri should be in slot A giving Line 1 & 2.

I have 412. There are 4 CO trunks installed as line 1 to 4. Therefore, our PRIs go after the CO, 5 & 6. The PRI card has dual ports.

US LEC is our CLEC.

Thank you.

I have had this same problem and we are still working on it with the clec in AZ. The problem is very likely the fact that their signal is comming in too hot.

Have you tried messing with the gain on the line.

We have one pri line that gets echo, then two locations with analog trunks. The analog trunks are actually T1s or PRIs that break out with an Adtran mux to analog ports.

Very likely the signal is too hot or cold from the phone company.

And yes they do have echo cancelling.

I played with the gain on both lines last week. It has been behaving since then, so far so good. I hope I got them right. I will see how it goes the next few weeks before I say anything. Keep my fingers cross.

I hope I do not have to deal with the Telco.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back