Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voice over IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valtag

Technical User
Nov 28, 2003
US
I want to link our two office, voip seems to be the least expensive option. I have a cics at one office and a mics at the other. Has anyone had good luck with voip or am I waisting my time?

Valtag,
You are NOT wasting your time. There are a myriad of IP gateway products out there for this but Nortel has a new one out this fall specifically for Norstar. It is a great idea and will save $$$$ in the long run and done right looks great from the customer end.

Cheers
PhM

Arr,

Can you tell us more about your experience with the Norstar VOIP solution?

Salo,
I haven't had the chance to install the Norstar version yet. From the tech info it doesn't appear hard. But they never publish the glitches you will run accross.

PhM

Does anyone have a manual for the Norstar VOIP product available for review?

Is their any product available today that you recommend?

There are tons of VoIP products. I like Cisco for VoIP. Are the two sites local to each other?

You can simply use Cisco routers with FXO/FXS ports to trunk the two together. Piece of cake.

commsguy

Thanks i will look into the Cisco. The two offices are 160 miles apart.

I recently installed the Nortel VoIP gateway on a MICS. Simple to install and program and compatible with Meridian ITG gateway and BCM 3.0, 3.5.
Inexpensive @CAN $2,000(4 ports). I will be playing with it more next week.
Good enough to purchase more. Hope they last.

cheeses: would you mind emailing me a pdf copy of the manual for the VOIP gateway? I would like to read about the configuration prior to purchase.

x@dhc.bc.ca

Thanks,

Also - your price of $2000.00 canadian dollars was that per unit or for a pair? I see a single NT9B10AAAA listed at $1360.00ea

i believe we paid 1,900 for one unit in canadian dollars. pdf your way this week.
unit is working well under heavy use. used as overlines on busy office telephone and no problems with disconnects or dtmf pass for voice mail or direction off auto attendant.
i will be installing one on a 8x24 next week to see if i get the same results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back