Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voice Mail to BCM400

Status
Not open for further replies.

luisb001

IS-IT--Management
Nov 5, 2011
I have a bcm400 with 32 stations and need to install a voice mail. What is the more advisable to use?

If you don't have licenses on that box for voicemail now, you might be out of luck. I don't think you can buy licenses for 400s any more. You might have to upgrade it to a 450 to get what you're after.................ot you could dump it and go for an E-MetroTel system.

I'm not sure if you can even activate codes if you can find them. I have a bunch of unused, unopened 400 voicemail authorization codes but your guess is as good as mine if you can get them activated through KRS.

And by the way, you can't connect a different voicemail to your system.

I've came across a few Octel's on MICS's in my time, I wouldn't say it's impossible to connect a different type of voicemail. It's just something that most people don't do since the callpilot is built in.

Jeremy J. Carter
Charm City Communications
Norstar. BCM. CS1000 Programmer

I can install a Call Pilot 150 in the nortel BCM400?
the same used for a mic´s Norstar?

No you cannot connect a stand alone 150 to the BCM. You can attach a few other manufacturer's voicemails through analog interfaces (like the Octel, if you want 25 year old crap) but why bother? You already have an enhanced call pilot 150 resident on your hard drive. Check to see if you already have licenses and if not, check with your local vendor to see if you can activate new licenses first.

You know what happens when you add an external voice mail server that connects to analog lines? When you get the "one moment please" to transfer to the voice mail system, you get an analog "click, click" which these days sounds very unprofessional in this day of age..... I am probably the only person in the world who notices this noise!

Also, foreign systems wouldn't have the pleasing soothing voice of Joan Kenley on the voice mail prompts....I mean that....I hope Emetrotel eventually brings her voice into the UCx systems!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back