Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

voice mail storage full 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

camaro67

Technical User
Mar 3, 2005
US
Hello I'm new to IP Office and I currently have a voice mail system stating it is full and will not accept any message's even if the ext has no message's in the mailbox, the UC Module shows no free space in memory and I'm not sure how to delete files/messages to free up the space. I've asked the user's to delete the message's in there mailboxes however this has not helped.IP Office rel 8.1 R9

I followed along and deleted the log file under the root directory and we are back online thank you for the reference !Ipmonkey

Hi All I'm having a similar issue, with all resources in use on the UCM. VM is the only application being used.
I see about 19 thousand small files in the TMP folder, (level with the root folder). Would anyone know if these are OK to remove?
I've been able to use WINsCP to connect to the UCM, but the files have root as the owner with RW permissions, so I can't copy or delete.
I am also able to establish an SSH connection via Putty and log on as the root user.

Best thing to to is to backup with WinSCP and VmPro client and wipe the darn thing via USB upgrade then you won't have these issues any more and you sure have all files gone that clutter up the HDD

You just need to make sure you log in with Putty afterwards and change the WAVS folder to be able to upload the greetings again.
I usually do the upgrade in about 1.5 hrs including backup and restore of larger systems with lots of voicemails

OR you change the folder properties for all the files and delete them again but you still need to upgrade or it will happen again.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), expired ACIS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Thanks Westi. Would you happen to know how far forward can I could take the UCM and still be compatible with IPO 8.167 ? Thanks for the suggestion.

take the latest 8.1 release and you are good

that is how we upgrade our UCM modules. all to 8.1 except the 9.0 systems we put those on the latest 9.0

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), expired ACIS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back