Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voice mail questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

wpski

IS-IT--Management
Aug 2, 2002
US
hello. I have a Magix system that is networked with a definity. I have a few users that need to be listed in the directory in both locations. These users are on the defininty. How cna I add them into the directoy and have the call transferred to their voie mail box on the definity., I have tried to add them as a transfer only extension but that just keeps ringing. I am using Merlin Messaging 2.5

Thanks

Wpski

If I understand it correctly, I think you are wanting to have a "direct voice mail" into the Definity. Won't work that way. What is usually done with a Definity is a caller on the Magix system transfers a caller to an Auto Attendant on the Definity/Audix that is set to a call answer mode, the extension is entered, and then the call is transferred to the Definity/Audix mailbox.
I think that's what you want to do. TipHelp@charter.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back