Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voice mail question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joyz

IS-IT--Management
Nov 7, 2002
PL
My company has two md110 systems in two places conected together via tie line using qsig signalization (two TLU76). One of them is bc10 and the other bc9. In bc10 we have installed voice mail system. Is it possible to obtain full functionality (i mean signalization of message left on dbc212/213) of this voice mail on bc9 via qsig ??
Regards
Joyz

Probably not, if you are using e.g. OneBox for voicemail system, it will need the ICU / NIU information from the BC9 NODE. That infomation is not sent by the Q-sig. Further more, your voicesystem shall be able to deal with 2 NODES.

I am trying to do a similar thing. I have a BC9 switch at site A and a BC11 switch at site B. Site B has an Octel voicemail system connected via analogue lines and RS232 from ICU card.

Site A and B are connected via Q-sig. Message waiting will not work, but I don't need it.

What I need to happen is a call from Site A to appear at site B showing the digits yyyxxxx. Where yyy is a site code and xxxx is the extension number. I can then setup a mailbox in the Octel as yyyxxxx.

Does that make sense? If anyone can help me out here I would appreciate it. In the meantime I'm struggling on, let's read through ALEX again!! ;o)

Q-sig tie-lines have full functionality for MEW to extensions in another node. You really don´t need to anything in Node B if the voicemailsystem is in Node A.
All you have to do is to program the huntgroup in node A with a number that can be reached from node B.
I have done this with both OneBox and Octel systems. It works 100%.

NANSI

You would probably also have to program the info in the node that has no voicemail with the actual voicemail pilot number so that when the message wait button is pressed you go to the voicemail i.e.

ICMWC:SID=1,KFCN=MWC,DIG=(PILOT NUMBER);

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back