Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voice mail question

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpongeVoIP

Technical User
Aug 10, 2005
NL
We have a Mitel 3300 system with embedded voice mail. We want to create a situation where a customer calls into the system, hears "Press 1 for X, press 2 for Y or dial the extension number".
We've created a menu based on ACD functionaility with a RAD message and an interflow dialling list, this will play the message and the interflow dialling list contains the menu options. We tried to have one of the options connect to the DISA port in order to get dialtone and therefore the ability to dial the extension. That seems to be blocked by the system. Is there any other way to do this WITHOUT using additional external apps like Nupoint?

Any info appreciated.

With embedded mail, the only option I can think of is to use single digit mailboxes. This would become a problem if you have more than 1 menu that requires a dial 1 but if you only have 1 menu, you'll be ok.

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

Thanks kwbMitel, I was afraid that this was going to be one of the few options. Unfortunately I need to deliver something that offers "open" digits dialling to allow dialling to all possible internal numbers (3-digit. Same thing you can do with Nupoint, but embedded is not capable it seems. I was well under way (in theory) with the transfer to DISA port, but that is not allowed. You know why that happens?

Thanks

If the Embedded Main is answering at the top level (Not Mailbox Integrated) then you can dial any extension if you check the box "Allow Dial Any extension" in the general settings.

Is this what you are looking for?

And, if you want to have multiple menu's with option 1, 2, etc..make the main menu the single digits menu in the embedded voicemail, then send it to your ACD path with interflow dialing list.

kwbMitel, I think your description should solve my issue. If "Allow Dial Any extension" means you can dial any number on the 3300, this is what we need. I will try this asap to see if this is the solution.

Thanks.

You can make exceptions to disallow extensions with certain leading digits (Block 9+ is recommended)

kwbMitel, it works as required. Sometimes you just need to read and not think too difficult.....

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back