Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voice mail problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCTelecom

Vendor
Jul 27, 2005
US
I'm trouble getting off site notification to work when a message is left. It is set up in the person mail box. Is there a setting in the vm system?

Check your documentation for Class of Service. By default, some classes deny off premis notification and/or outbound transfer. Some voicemails do not even offer outbound transfer.The NAM and CallPilot both have the feature, but only in specific service classes

If you have a COS that allows outdial (COS 1 will work by default) then you also need to set outdial to either pool or line in mailbox programming, else you can only outdial to an extension.

----------------------------
'Rule 29', "The enemy of my enemy is my enemy's enemy. No more. No less."
----------------------------
JerryReeve
Communication Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

What type of device are you sending the notification too?

Pagers used to present some problems with timing.
You would have to insert pauses and special characters.
Does anybody still use pagers? lol

-SD-

Select Pool 1 (or desired line) as the Line Type in the Notification Menu. Also, you must permit Outdial in the Actual Mailbox programming under Feature 983...Select MBX, CHG, and enter Mailbox Number...go to very end and enable OUTDIAL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back