Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voice Mail Pro - IP Office Mode 4.1.9 problem - HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

tech2233

Vendor
Sep 1, 2005
CA
Strange problem.

Upgraded phone system from 3.1 to 4.1.9

Now, users can not change their personal greeting. We called Avaya support and they said they knew about the problem, but didn't have a soluion.

Anyone else experience this, and find a work around perhaps ?

Are you running 4.1 40 VM Pro.
If so its a known issue and patches are available from your BP.

If you spoke to Avaya support and they knew nothing of it then poor show.

ACA - IPOffice implement
ACA - IP Telephony
CCNA - Passed at last

What version is the vmpro ?
I thought this problem was only on 4.1.40 and not 4.1.27 (vmpro versions)

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

There is a known issue in 4.1.27 on the record tone thats not been played when you wan't to record.

y1pzZTEUdok1vrI5cLb3FdPX4PgTPlSONkb5WPjz0x50etSujaMSmhdRCbOx9vASnrRNzzXv0IxNQA

I noticed that today for the first time
Strange that sometings just slip true :)

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

IPOtechy1234
We are an Avaya BP. We're also a little lost on this issue which is why we're coming to Tek Tips. Avaya doesn't seem to know what to do with this.

If you know of a patch do you have any details ?

Are you running 4.1 40 VM? As this is the level the issue you have are associated with.

DO you deal direct with Avaya or do you go through a reseller.

Either way there is a CQ number, just state you want the patch to resolve this issue. Sorry of the top of my head I do not have it to hand.

I would email you the patch but I was removed from the site last time I helped someone out this way.

ACA - IPOffice implement
ACA - IP Telephony
CCNA - Passed at last

We deal direct with Avaya, and they just called back.

CQ # is 62007

We're downloading and will test tonight. Hope it works ! Have you tested it ?

Yeah sir. Works a charm!! :)

ACA - IPOffice implement
ACA - IP Telephony
CCNA - Passed at last

How do you guys deal direct with Avaya, are you in the US?
They will not deal direct with us here in the UK, only through distributors, no matter how big a dealer you are, and we are big. (£100m turnover)

I nthe UK you have to go through one of the Distys. It's a shame. I did like like it in the old SDX/Lucent days of being able to phone Welwyn directly.

Jamie Green

ACA:Implement - IP Office
ACS:Implement - IP Office

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

it does make getting answers a pain sometimes, you ring your support, raise a case, they ring avaya, then all correspondence is done through your supplier, and theres this daisy chain of info floating back and forth and you have to trust that as soon as you send traces they are forwarded straight to avaya, we had a large issue a few months back and it took six weeks for us to be able to talk to avaya direct.

moan over

I am in the US and we deal with Voda and they can take it up to Avaya. I had heard that once you are ACS or ACE you get direct support with Avaya. Not sure if this is true.

Kevin Wing
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

Avaya will provide direct support in North America if you are an Avaya SMB Expert dealer with the appropriate designations (ACS, ACE).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back