Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voice Mail Pro / Calls continue to ring phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

NicolasR

IS-IT--Management
Dec 8, 2004
FR
Hi all,

We experience an issue with Voice Mail Pro 3.0_17 and IP Office 406V1 3.0_59 with ISDN BRI.

When a caller on hooks during a blind or assisted transfer generated by VMPro, the call continues to ring the phone(s).

We've also the same issue with SOE 3.0_67, VM embedded and analogue trunk lines.

Our locale is "fra".

Does somebody have same issue ???

thanx

If you use "Assisted transfer" in VMPro you can get ghostcalls if someone first calls in, the call goes to VM and the caller ends the call. VoiceMail will still try to call since "Assisted transfer" wants to know if the destination is free,busy etc.

On blind transfer this shouldn't be a problem since it leaves the VoiceMail when it's tranfsered.

it a known issue should be fixed in the november maint release

Guys

See:

Is this the same issue that I am having with the Whisper Action, and the calls show up in call Status as RAS 6.X?

Isaac Braca
CTO / ICCS & Co., LLC.

ICCS, Your Premier IT Partner, is a NYC Based Avaya Business Partner and IT Consulting Firm.

Thanks guys,

1-I confirm that blind trasfer has the same bug in 3.0_59.

2-Isaac, our issue is very similar than yours.
We've also a RAS message in Call Status wich remains after line releasing.
I've upgraded the PBX with build 3.1_29 and now it's OK.
No more issue.

3-One of my customers have a IP403DT 3.0_535 (specific build for 403DT series).
I can not upgraded this PBX to 3.1 so I have no solution today for solving the RAS message issue.
I hope AVAYA will make a DT maintenance build which solve this issue.

Hi

FYI, 3.0.69 also is documented to fix the RAS 6.X issue. This should be good for those who have call screening setup and cant upgrade to 3.1 which breaks the VM Pro Whisper Action.

Does anyone know if its a good idea to upgrade IPO from 3.0.59 to 3.0.69 without upgrading VM Pro to November Maint Release? What are the ramifications of this?

Also, can I keep and use Mamager that came with Admin 3.0.59 and download just 3.0.69 bin file and use upgwiz to upg unit to 3.0.69, and then continue to manage the IPO with Admin 3.0.59 app?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back