Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voice mail Pro. AA Question. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

leebyatt1

Programmer
Jan 6, 2005
GB
Evening people.

I have had one hell of a day trying to get the worlds most complicated auto attendant to work reliably.

I'm hoping some one will be able to help.
As a start point I have the option to dial the extension number if the caller knows it -
So I have a Time out, this is conflicting with the wild card $. Avaya say that the time out has to be set to 8 secs to work.
I can work with these.
The thing I want to resolve is if the caller dials the wrong extension the AA chucks you out of the IP Office.
I really want to route this either to A) The receptionist or B) Re-routes to menu again.
Is this possible, if not can any one think of another option??

Thanks In advance

What about doing it as an assisted transfer instead of a straight transfer? Or, you could build an AA table where they press "(first digit of ext)" then "(second dig of ext)" etc so on and so on through various menus. It would take a lot of building to do, but basically you would have 3 or 4 menus based upon the ext plan you have and set the valid numbers to route to $key and the invalid numbers to route back to the main group of the AA.

I am so suprised. Looked through most threads and no mention of this.
I have been knicking my head against the wall.
Its only 15 extensions that are being served by the AA. None of the others do.

Try using an assisted transfer module and see if that helps relieve the issue you're having.

I posted a rather elegant solution (ok I'm a bit biased) several months back to handle the user dialing an unknown extension number. Basically you use the ? system shortcode (in north america) to trap these calls - point them at a VM startpoint that says "invalid extension" and sends them back to the main AA callflow.

For those of you using ? to handle your regular dialing, replace it with (for 4 digit extensions starting with 2) 2NNN, as extensions are matched before shortcodes.

Peter

For those of you how claim to be IP Office certified you must have being having a coffee the following is an exercise from the training course and in the doc CD

5. Using a $ Wild Card in a Menu
In this exercise, we will add a touch tone that will allow a caller to leave a message if they do not select a valid option from the auto attendant. In this example, the message will be left in the mailbox of the group Main which we use for our receptionist extensions.

[cheers]

5. Using a $ Wild Card in a Menu
In this exercise, we will add a touch tone that will allow a caller to leave a message if they do not select a valid option from the auto attendant. In this example, the message will be left in the mailbox of the group Main which we use for our receptionist extensions.

Ah yes but this does not route invalid extensions does it.
The menu options 1,3-8 work fine.
However $ would not work using 2??.
Just cuts off.

Think the best way was using the Assisted transfer. However this then does not put through Unanswered/Busy calls to VM.
Think im in a no win situation here.

You don't have to modify your AA at all, leave it so 2?? is linked to a transfer token routing to $KEY. The IP Office will handle trapping invalid extensions.

SC: 2XX
TN: *85 <or whatever>
F: VoicemailNode

Then in your VMPro, create a *85 (or whatever) shortcode that contains a Goto token pointed at your main AA, optionally add an entry prompt that says "Invalid extension" and Bob's your uncle!

This works great if you have 200 series extensions all over the map - 205 and 209 exist but 208 does not, for example.

Peter

You don't have to modify your AA at all, leave it so 2?? is linked to a transfer token routing to $KEY. The IP Office will handle trapping invalid extensions.

SC: 2XX
TN: *85 <or whatever>
F: VoicemailNode

Then in your VMPro, create a *85 (or whatever) shortcode that contains a Goto token pointed at your main AA, optionally add an entry prompt that says "Invalid extension" and Bob's your uncle!

This works great if you have 200 series extensions all over the map - 205 and 209 exist but 208 does not, for example.

Peter
I like that alot. am a bit concerned of timing though. Will review this. Other wise I guess you could
add a few more shortcode pick up points. ie - I run 200 to 250 but from 250-299 are not used.
I could then do 25X,26X,27X,28X,29X point to a Voicemail node.

Peter Top notch. I really appreciate that help.

I like that alot. am a bit concerned of timing though. Will review this. Other wise I guess you could
add a few more shortcode pick up points. ie - I run 200 to 250 but from 250-299 are not used.
I could then do 25X,26X,27X,28X,29X point to a Voicemail node.

Peter Top notch. I really appreciate that help.

My mind is to simple for all the shortcodes. I would create a condition editor for 24 7 and put a test conditioner on it for "true", transfer to $KEY, for "false" transfer to sec., HG, or wherever it needs to go and if it that important a fallback as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back