Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voice Mail on BCM 400 with 3.5 not working right

Status
Not open for further replies.

np6179

Vendor
Nov 7, 2008
US
Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Here's the problem:

I have a BCM 400 running 3.5 software. In the voice mail I have a menu built that sends users to an info only mailbox. From there I would like it to go back to the beginning of the menu. I've set it for home, but once you're through with the message in the info mailbox, there is a pause and then you get, "Exiting the system". I've tried setting it to previous and disconnect and both of those settings work as they should. The problem seems to only pertain to the home setting. I've looked through all of the available patches for 3.5 and dont see where one addresses this particular issue.

Any suggestions??

Nicholas Platt
AT&T Global Business Systems Southeast

Have you tryed to delete the path and rebuild it?
And I don't think the return to AA has anything to do with it but.

Return to AA shouldnt matter here, but it's set to yes. I havent tried deleting the path. I guess I could just delete the whole tree if it came down to it but it's rather large and I'm trying not to have to do that. It's been a while since I've messed with the Norstar type voice mail and deleting the path and rebuilding it didnt occur to me. I'll try it and report back. Thanks!!

Nicholas Platt

Does the info in that info mailbox have to change often?
If not, delete that info mailbox and create an Info path instead, that should do it.

I worded my original explanation wrong. The path is an info path and not a transfer to an info mailbox. The tech on site tried programming a new tree with an info path to see if he got the same result and he did. He did it this way because the tree was in use and he couldnt take it down. I figure this method was as good a test as actually deleting and rebuilding the path. We are going to fully patch the machine this coming Monday and I'll see if that works and will report on what we find.

Thanks!

Nicholas Platt

Ok, I've patched the box and we got the same results, so I talked to the TAC guys who suggested moving the info path from path 1 off the home menu to the home menu itself to see if it would let me then set it to home and have it work. I tried and it didnt. I cant get any Nortel support for this since it's 3.5 and they no longer support that. Anyone got any ideas? If they upgraded to the latest software would it work for sure then? I look forward to any help you can provide. Thanks!

Nicholas Platt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back