Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voice Mail Notification

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 20, 2002
US
Hi guys,

We moved to IP Office from Panasonic DBS.

Panasonic has a nice feature where a subscriber can be notified that they have unread messages in their voice mail box. Notification can go to a pager or to a phone. Schedule can be assigned based on message properties, time of the day, etc. We typically had urgent messages sending notifications every 15 minutes 24/7, and normal messages - every 30 minutes from 8 am to 10 pm on business days.

What I was able to set in IP Office was one-time call for any message.

Am I missing something?

Thank you,
Vladimir Mikhleson

Unfortunatly you are not mising anything, Avaya are missing an opertunity to fulfil a long standing feature request.

It is not in V3.1 so hopfully V3.2/4.0 ?

Hi IPGuru,

Thank you for the prompt response.

I will not waste my time any more looking around and instead will sit tight and wait until Avaya comes with the long awaited and absolutely necessary feature :)

Thank you,
Vladimir Mikhelson

Actually if you are running WM pro you can activate email notification. If the individual does not have a blackberry you can send a text message to digital phones eg: 4035555555@txt.bell.ca
If they have a device that can play wav files like a pocket pc phone you can include the message in the email and can listen to it when they download their email. A shame that its wav and not mp3 for space savings. Hope this helps you.

We've found that the outcall will repeat every 5 minutes, as long as a) the call is going out to a cell phone, b) the ring count on the cell phone is long enough so that voice mail doesn't pick up, and c) no one interacts with the call on the cell phone. In other words, for the outcall to repeat, the recipient has to completely ignore the call and not press any buttons on his cell phone.

We had to have our customer call his cell provider and ask them to increase the rings to 6 before sending people to voice mail. I believe outcalling stops alerting after the 5th ring.

Outcalls will not repeat if you send alerts to pagers, since the paging system effectively "answers" the call.

See thread 940-475782 for instructions on outcalling to pagers.

Hi Jacal99 and Twvnet,

Thank you for your messages.

We do use e-mail notification and it works great. We are able to call a pager once.

What we are concerned about is sending paging notifications to either traditional pagers or cell phones by certain rules.

It sounds like Avaya has some rudimentary "every 5 minutes before answered" notification capability. We need to be able to set it up. The setup should differentiate the type of a message, allow to set the number of rings, define the action when the call is answered, set the notification schedule, etc.

As IPGuru noted before, it not there yet.

Thank you,
Vladimir Mikhelson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back