Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voice Mail light stays lit 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

daleblizz

Technical User
Sep 20, 2005
US
IP Office 406 -- 4.2(4)
VM Pro -- 4.2(19)

Voicemail light stays lit, on one extension only, when there are no messages. Tried the "magic VM Pro reboot" last night. That didn't change anything. (This for a system in Minnesota and I'm in Texas.)

Any suggestions on where to look would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Dale

Huntgroup voicemail maybe ?
Look in the sourcenuumber of that user and see if there is a "Hname" or "Hextension number" in it
If there is then search for a shortcode for getting that voicemail

RTFM.gif

ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

Thanks tlpeter for your fast response.

There are no additional numbers in "Source Numbers".

Make this shortcode:

Display Msg
N"; Msgs=0"

When done go to the extension and dial *71

Copy the N"; Msgs=0" part, there is a space that needs to be there !

RTFM.gif

ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

I have experienced this twice with this particular software build and have had to resolve each issue using one of the following:

Option 1 - Open Manager, select the user, turn off voice mail for the user, merge changes. Next, stop vmpro service, manually delete the user's voice mail folder on the server then restart vmpro service. Open manager again, turn on vm for the user and merge. User will need to go in and set up vm again.

Used this one when option 1 did not work:

Option 2 - Delete the user completely from Manager then merge. Stop vmpro service, delete he user's vm folder from server then restart service. Rebuild user in Manager.

This happens when you rename a user and there are messages on the old users mailbox, the message light stays lit because the system will have it stay on. Rebooting the control unit will fix it or you can do tlpeter's shortcode.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

Thanks everyone.

Since I'm not at the site, I'll use tlpeter's shortcode and log in with PhoneManager.

Will PhoneManager give me any "solid" indication on whether the light is off or on? (I'll have to talk the user eventually, but he's a hard one to round up.)

Thanks again.

I don't think that phone manager will show the message light status it will just show if you have actually messages

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

Run the sysmonitor, and select voicemail events in the filter.
to see if the light will get turned off.

Avaya_Red.gif

if you look on that extension under System Status is shows "Message Waiting Indication" on or off.

Thanks again everyone.

I have the System Monitor turned on and voice mail filtered.

I'm not sure what I'm looking for. What would tell me that the light got turned off in what the system monitor puts out?

Thanks for any ideas.

I find that if the system put the light on the code will not turn it off, only if you use the other code to turn it on first will the "off" code work, the only way I ever get it to work is to clear out the mailbox for the user (and old user if a name change caused the fault) then reboot the SYSTEM not just the VM :)

ACS - IP Office Implement

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

For whatever it's worth, I clear the "phantom lights" on trouble extensions thusly:
Create a batch file as:
@echo off
REM DUmp Voicemail Box for Guest Users

del "C:\Program Files\Avaya\IP Office\Voicemail Pro\VM\Accounts\Extension_Folder\*.wav"

net stop VMProDBService
net startVMProDBService
net stop "Voicemail Pro Service"
net start "Voicemail Pro Service"

exit

name whatever, save it somwewhere, then use the native Task Scheduler to run it every night after hours. No more annoying lights on extensions that voicemail's not even eanbled on.

"This must be Thursday. I never could get the hang of Thursdays"
//scook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back