Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voice Mail Light On--No Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

frozenchosen

IS-IT--Management
Nov 5, 2007
US
Greetings!

First time poster to this forum, happend to jump on it by chance and started to read through it. Lots of fantastic things in here. After a few searches I couldn't find the answer to one of my problems out here and decided to take that bold step and start my own thread.

Currently we are experiencing a problem with a Cisco 7960 IP Phone saying it has voice mail. The light on the headset remains solid and red. When the user tries to check the voicemail there is none on the phone or in his mail box.

We are running Call Manager 3.1 and Unity 3.1(5).

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Elan

Have you tried to enter your (msg waiting off) number example (8888)?

Are you may just need to reset the phone.

Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Tek-TIP Member 19,650
[americanflag]

Howdy jeter,

That did make the lamp turn off, but when I checked his voice mail it still says the mailbox is full without there being any mail. I reset the phone a few times and that seems to turn the lamp off for a bit until it checks for mail and boom back on. I am wondering if the problem is on Unity? I have found a few problems in it already pertaining to how it was installed.

Elan

P.S. Slinkies are great XD

Something I just noticed on Unity it defines mailbox size as "Unavailable" is there a way to force it to be a specific size?

hi,

1st post on this, sure you have already checked but if not you can refresh the message waiting indicator by going to subscriber\messages and then click on the refresh status button. this normaly clears the lights on our phones.

Thanks for the suggestions! After trying them I found out the problem is coming from a deeper cause. Both suggestions caused the lamp to go out for a bit until it checked for messages when it came back on.

The mail box is empty, I have checked both of the server and in the exchange notification system we have set up. There are no messages in the phone, but every time the user tries to check his messages it says the box is full and he has to delete some. When we do so it says it is still full and requests we delete the deleted message box folder as well. Doing that gives you the all clear message and hangs up. Light remains on, next time the user checks the box once more it's full.

I had this issue once also. I deleted the voice mail box and recreated it.

Hope this helps.

Please remember to rate helpful posts........

Is this unified messaging or voice mail only?

Re-create the user, unified messaging or voice mail only doesnt matter

I'm experiencing a similar problem, i've been looking for something closer to what i'm seeing. we have a BCM 400 3.6 with callpilot. this guy's voicemail indicator light is always on. i had him unplug his phone and then deleted his voicemail and then i recreated his voicemail, but the problem remains. i dont want to delete his extension and recreate it. has anyone come across that before and what was done to solve the problem?

Got a question. Almost the opposite of this. We have an office that one phone is set to be a designated for checking voice mail. Now here's the problem. The phone had like 30+ messages, but the light wasn't coming on. The guy here whom does the majority of our CISCO phone setup said everything is setup the same as the other offices, and he can't find out what the deal is. I've got some experience from my prior job but haven't messed with Unity or Call Manager since my last job, and would love to dig around with it again! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back