Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voice mail forwarding on Call Pilot

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy53

Vendor
Aug 2, 2011
US
Have a medium size buisness with OPT 11 and Call Pilot that has a couple of end users out of a few hundred users that say when they forward their phone (phone A)to another user in their office (phone B)and call is not answered by phone "B" message is left in Phone "B"Mail Box instead returning to phone "A" Mail Box which is the way i thought it should work. Is there a way to make it go into phone "B" Mail Box?I could really use some input on the subject as they are just sure it did that? No changes to mail have been made since sold 10 yrs ago other than Dialtone Vender changed.Please Help if you can
Thanks Jim

voice mail normally sees the "Original dialed digits" and those don't change even if you forward your call to another user. (as this is one reason why centralized voice mail works)

you can also play around with Second level Forwarding (SFA in CLS of phone in question), but i think that is only used if you get RNA on the second phone (B).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back