Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voice mail extension 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norstar1tech

Technical User
Jan 23, 2007
US
I went on a service call. Sounded like a young tech messed something up when installing a call pilot 100 voice mail with MICS 5.0. The voice mail ports are 0131 and 0132. Port 131 has the extension of 2131. When u press feature 985 the Dn is 2162. Come to find out, that is the B2 side of port 0131. What has happened???? you can not fna {forward} to a B2 extension. So none of the forwarding to voice mail works. Has anyone ever heard of this or have any ideas? Thanks

I was looking at yours and the other thread is the wiring correct.And can you see the b1 in maint.

Yes the wiring is all correct. yes u can see both the B1 and B2 sides in Maint.

Both of these threads have me a little worried...(when will this happen to ME?)

Is Maint/portdnstatus/0131B1 detecting the CP?

yes, both the maint B1 and B2 show STK1. I see someone else had the same problem. I wonder if there is a fix??

Since the F985 is showing the B2 ext 2162 intead of the B1 2131 i was just going to put all the forwarding FNA to 2162. However, the system stops u at 216 and doesnt allow any more digits. I believe that is because the B2 side is not a real extension.

I agree. Have you tried disabling / enabling the port, and rebooting the CP?

What happens if you do a CHANGE DN?

yes i disabled the port unfortunately no change. Yes i did do a change DN thought i fixed it...... however when u change the DN fron the 2161 to the 2131 what it should be...... the system will still not let u FNA forward to that extension because it still resides on or as the B2!

just my two cents...

is the system on auto set relocation?...is the cpilot a brand new unit or used?

have you tried unplugging the ports from the cpilot and plugging it in to a phone?...what port does it see?

in the cpilot manager, what dn does it see?

yes i did all that. it all checks out. No set reloc is not on. Unsure if the customer purchased it new or refurb??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back