Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voice Mail Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmmcdanie

Technical User
Aug 4, 2003
US
Hi,

We have an Option 11C. One of our managers is claiming that he checked his voice mail before he left one evening and had no messages but then the next morning - the envelope for one of his messages said that it was sent at 3:30 the preceding day, before he left for the day. Can anyone tell me what circumstances would cause a voice mail to get delayed?

Thank you!
Kathleen

good luck...posted this message back a few months and all it looks like is everyone else has this problem but there is no fix. Let me know if you find anything.

This problem is typical for an over full mail box.
Train user to delete read messages, increase mail box storage.

I've had this too but I found out that a call was entering while I was listening to my VM. Then light will only lit if the caller hangs up, so if the caller is on the phone a long time....

btw: use normatech's tip.

Hello,

Thank you for the suggestions. As a matter of fact, the manager who experienced the delay problem has had voice mail capacity problems in the past. He does have a habit of letting it fill up. So it's very possible that this caused the issue.

Thanks again!
Kathleen

To all

We have just started to experience the same problems, except that I know it is not related to individual mail box storage. None of the users who have complained are near the limit. I check the SEER (error logs) and found nothing unusual.

If anyone else has anyother suggestions, please reply.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back