Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voice Mail Attachment in E-Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildman10

IS-IT--Management
May 8, 2007
US
We currently have Call Pilot 4.04.04.17. Employees receive an e-mail notification of any new voice mail messages, but the e-mail does not contain an attachment of the actual voice mail.

Are there settings we can adjust in our current system so that we can have the actual voice mail attached to the e-mail notification or would we need to upgrade our Call Pilot?

Sounds like you are currently using the Remote Text Notification of CallPilot. The feature you are asking for is Message Forwarding Rule. You will need desktop messaging licenses to use this feature and you have to enable the feature either by desktop messaging S/W loaded onto the client PC or either by My CallPilot S/W loaded onto a web server.

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

Thanks! Users already have Desktop Call Pilot.

What we're trying to achieve is to have the voice mail attached to the e-mail notification so that users can not only see they have new voice mail from their Blackberrys when out of the office, but they can also open the voice mail and listen to it from an attachment in the e-mail on their Blackberrys.

Everywhere that I have looked, Blackberry will not play .wav files when they come as attachments. There are two ways to get around this that we have found. One way is to preview the message instead of opening it. This will play the message but not on speaker phone only through the earpiece. The other was to forward the message to another email account, like Gmail or Yahoo and download the attachment then open it as a file. Either way is a pain but it works until RIM lets you open a .wav as an attachment. Hope this helps.

^I saw that thread before I posted, but my issue is that I can't get the voice mail to come as an attachment with the e-mail notification at all.

I checked the Message Forwarding Rule box in the class of service, but beyond that, I'm not sure what needs to be done to make it work.

I almost hate to ask but is the rule enabled?

The rule is enabled on the class of service. Is there someplace else I need to enable it?

Yes - you need to enable the rule for each mailbox after it is setup in the class of service. Do you use MyCall Pilot?
If so they could log in to that and under the message forwarding rule check the box to enable the rule.

Hmmm, well now I'm wondering if my version supports it because while the Message Forwarding Rule is an option to be checked in the class of service, I don't see it as an option on an individual mailbox account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back