Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voice Logic Voice Pro number of rings

Status
Not open for further replies.

eric42

Programmer
Dec 24, 2002
US
I have a friend using the Voice Pro system. When I call the system from the outside, I hear 1 1/2 to 2 rings before the extensions ont he VP system start to ring. Similarly, if we turn on the auto-attendant and set the number of rings to zero, I actually hear 1 1/2 to 2 rings before it answers.

I had thought that fax detection might have something to do with the delay, but we verified that it is turned off.

Is this something configurable or just a limitation of the system? I'd appreciate any help on this.

Thanks,
- Eric

Eric,
We use the VP206. You should only hear rings on extension phones if they are set to ring in Program 4. If the AA number of rings is set to 0 then you should not hear any ringing on extension phones at the time incoming calls are being received.

The fax switchover simply does not work even with the updated chip. We instead purchased a ComSwitch 7500 and put ahead of the VP206 to route faxes and voice calls accordingly. Hope this helps.

Tim D.

The reason for this is so that the phone system can transfer the CID to the phones. It takes between 1 1/2 and 2 rings for the CID information to be transmitted from the phone company.

There are a fair number of calls where the CID info does not get captured. It is not that big a deal and we really don't need caller id anyway. But if that is important the number of rings probably should be bumbed up some to ensure the info gets captured.

eflower, let me know if there is something that can be done to keep from missing the CID other than increasing the rings. We have it set to 0 AA now.

The best thing to do is set the number of rings to 3 or 4 this will allow the extentions to ring prior to the Auto Attendant answering and you are able to pick-up the phone. A Business or Company should not use Caller ID anyway, this is a residential phone feture which was designed to help prevent telemarketors to get through to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back