Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voice Logic Chirp and Sound Quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

pro3sec

IS-IT--Management
Jan 3, 2003
US
Hello:

I just recently purchased a Voice Logic Pro 206 with the upgraded software and am having the following problems:

1) When the auto attendant picks up it chirps
2) The recording of the Auto Attendant is staticy -- bad recording and I am using a good phone.

I really like this machine.

Thanks for your assistance,

Chris

Chris, the latest firmware was supposed to get rid of the chirp but even with the new eproms we sometimes get the chirp. Have you tried recording from a different phone to see if the same static occurs? You can program remotely or on system phones. Never had a problem with that. The only audio quality we have to deal with is the music on hold. If we turn the CD player up too loud then the audio is "hot" and crackly. For it to be clear we have to keep the volume down low, the customers can hear it just not as loud as I think it should be.

HillBillyTech:

Thanks for the help. I will try it from a different phone.

Chris

Hi there HillBilly Tech
I have found with some systems that with MOH it pays to feed them via a 1:1 transformer low power aprx 600ohms, Cd straight into the primary but on the secondary put a 1k pot and feed the system from one end and the slider this then allows you to adjust the volume into your system. This is if you are feeding from the RCA jacks of a CD player if you are feeding from the audio out put a 10 ohme terminating resistor accross the source then to the transformer or a .47 - 1.5uf cap then about a 470 ohm pot.
you may need to experiment with the values to get things right.
Hope this helps Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back