Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voice Logger 8.9. delete unnecessary audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

gvvenkov

Technical User
Dec 16, 2010
BG
Hi all.

I have some questions.

We have Voice Logger 8.9. In our company we must keep recorded audio 3 months back. Unfortunately in fact the recorded audio remains on HDD of Voice logger for more than 3 months back due to the method of keeping recordins is FIFO. Because of this the HDD is getting full.

How could the recorded audio, which is more than 3 months back be deleted from the HDD on Voice logger?

Is it possible the system to be configured so that after three months the recordings to be deleted?

he last question: Will the oldest recordings be deleted if I archive them on backup archive media.

Thank you in advance!

Archive media should be set to 3 mo, and use the tapes, but the legal issues can sometimes come in if you're subpoenaed and the audio is actually still there. I know NPX can do what you're wanting to do, as a direct response to the the shortcoming of 8.9. I know there's a way to manually do it, but I'm honestly not sure how to do that correctly.

With the tester you can delete segments, but unfortunately you don't delete the call but just a poionter in the logger DB, if the call tag is still present in the database of the CLS then it will still playback the call. The easiest way bypassing Nice Commitment is to:

1. Empty the Nice Call Tables assosiated to the expired retention dates
2. Set the archiving tapes to 3 months expiry, which will not delete the calls automatically but you can then rotate the backup media to overwrite it manually
3. block users the ability to make channel query so they can't find the audio by searching directly on the logger channels

if this isn't enough, then Nice could make a commitment and maybe could set a retention on the logger itself.

Using Nice Tester can lead to unrecoverable data loss if you don't know what you're doing ;) besides there is no easy way to delete data from the logger using date constraints.

Ohhhh, I remembered something. I once saw, when I was on a Nice traingin that Nice has an Application License for 8.9 Apps that shows a new button, it's a delete button. Once having this licence it was possible to delete selected calls directly from the query. But officially Nice denied selling those, as Nice is supposed to record and keep calls not delete them :p

NICE do have a utility that can do this on a scheduled basis. We have a customer that has contracts with customers to keep calls for a maximum of a week or something like that so we have this tool and it works fine.

The tool is called NICE PS Deletion Kit and must be purchased through Professional Services. I've had it running on a customer site for a few years and it seems fine.

With our Nice system. Under System Admin there is Call Logger retention. Two choices, Do not delete logger calls based on age or yes delete them if calls are older than ( 1-999) days old.

We have three servers, CLS, Inform and Storage Center.
You can not setup Call Logger retention if you do not have a stoprage center server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back