Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voice delay in conference calls from our contact center - how to find?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dudecrush

IS-IT--Management
Apr 2, 2007
US
I'm running Call Manager 10.5, with UCCX 10.6

We act as a call center for hospitals around the country. Our agents conference the patient and hospital so the handoff is considered "warm".

One particular hospital in one particular state and city has complained of 3 second call delay (we don't have this problem anywhere else). By delay, I mean that agents, hospital and patients are talking over each other because the normal conversation cadence is 3 to 4 seconds behind.

So...I don't think it's our equipment, given the problem is confined to one area of area if the country. I think its either a carrier or the problem is on their end.

I'm going to open up a TAC with Cisco on this. That said, how would I "prove" that the delay is not coming from us? What logs can I pull from RTMT that would show delay? What would I look for? How would I find it?

Any links to information you know or other guidance would be appreciated.

I would look at links for congestion. Sounds like a QOS issue somewhere.

Certifications:
A+
Network+
CCENT
CCNA Voice
TVOICE
CAPPS
CIPTV1
CIPTV2

gnrslash4life - Thanks. Yes - Definately a QoS problem. What did you mean by "links"? Are you talking about each step of the call flow?

Just not sure how to track it down. I need someone to spell it out for me. I was going to use RTMT to pull logs, but I'm not sure what I'm looking for. What's the smoking gun in the logs that gives you that "A-ha!" moment?

Links/Circuits/Connections. Whatever you are using for connectivity.

Nothing built in to CUCM is going to really help. You need something that is monitoring your circuit usage.

Certifications:
A+
Network+
CCENT
CCNA Voice
TVOICE
CAPPS
CIPTV1
CIPTV2

gnrslash4life - Thanks for your answer: "Nothing built in to CUCM is going to really help." That's what I was afraid of.

I'll open up a ticket with our local and LD carriers to monitor the calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back