Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voice Compression Module for IPO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitman11

IS-IT--Management
Nov 21, 2005
US
Has any one installed a VCM card in an IPO to communicate with a S8700? I have installed the card already, but nothing in the manager comes up to try and configure this device. I have searched the web and getting nothing there either. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

The good news... There is no configuration for the VCM card.
Bad news... you need to build an IP trunk, and it needs to be built on the IP Office side and the S8700 side, so I hope you have enough right to use and licesning on the s8700. Basicly, the IP Office has an IP address, and so does the CLAN and MedPro. I'm not that familiar with the S8700, but on the IP Office side, you add an IP trunk, set it's gateway to the s8700 IP, and match your H.323 mode to (probably) QSIG. There is a doc out there from Avaya on connecting to an S8500 (I think it's 8500). Respond back if you need help with specific details.

Check this out in the PDF files in the IP Office 3.0 Documentation CD:

How to configure an H.323 IP trunk between an Avaya™
IP600 Internet Protocol Communication Server and
Avaya™ IP Office Server - Issue 1.2

Thanks for the help. How do you create an IP trunk in IPO or is IP trunk the same thing as IP Route that I see in the manager?

In Manager, in the Line configuration, click New, and configure the VoIP parameters, as IPOdan explains, read the PDFs on the Doc CD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back