Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voice Box Storage 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnnetteLee

Technical User
Sep 13, 2005
US
What are the steps in adding storage to the voice mail for over 10 hours ?

Merdian Mail Option 11.

Annette Snyder
still adding to the web site

Storage is based on number of mailboxes, as well as the number of minutes each user has, factored agains disk drive space. Are you trying to set one up so a user could have 10 hours worth of storage in one mailbox, or something else?

Scott M.

WE want so that everyone will have ten hours of storage space can you help?

please let me know the steps and thank you for responding!!!

Annette Snyder

I guess you could try and set the generic COS to 600 minutes of storage, but I do not know what the limit is. This setting is located at the main menu, option 8 (Class of services admin), then select modify and enter in the COS number you want to edit.

Hope this helps,

Scott M.

bad news, you're total storage is usually less the 10 hours per node. the problem that causes and i have got in the middle of. once the HD gets full, the mail will go down and not have enough space to even boot. it's an ugly repair.. i usually give exec's 15 mintes, with maybe 4 mb's out of 1800 with rec msgs if mb is full..then i police those... look at your hd for percentage of free space. i have a cust now that loves to give users way more then they bought..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

HEY WHAT IS THE BIGGEST OF MER MAIL WE CAN GET FOR OUR CUST. PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP WE HAVE A FEW DAYS TO GET THIS FOR OU CUST THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH

Annette Snyder

normal opt 11 mermail storage is 4 to 8 hours, check yours from the backup screen, i do know a 16 hour upgrade was in the 10K neighbor hood.. look at call pilot with desktop msg's, user's can save msgs to there pc hard drive

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

took the time to click on the web site, one thing i never build into a web site, a link to the home page from the home page, i would change 50 years of experience to decades of experience, not only sounds better, but us guys with 40 plus years are not real impressed when the company has just a few more years them i do..i've been on jobs where the 4 techs on site had over a hundred... jmo, hope the company does well.. when i was in business is calif, i did real well money wise, a lot of slow pay customers.. remember, you'll make more $ from one big switch then hundreds or 6 by 16's... couple of things that are marketable right now is adding voip to larger sites... get someone good at it, big dollars about to be made by the right person...

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks John we have struggled a bit these last few months course does not help when we got screwed from some so called techs that we had hired all of the first few questions that we had asked was due to those wonderfull techs :S anyway after paying them a whopping 4000.00 we just found out some of the things that they were to have done never got done... oh well life goes on and yes we have started adding voip we a some really good customers through the indian tribal govs. but some of the others well we will not get into those areas.. but I will send your message down the line let us know the next time your here in Cali...would like to thank the person behind the screen that has saved us alot of time money and headaches!!!!

Annette Snyder

good thing about this forum is when we make mistakes, someone jumps on it right away. i used to dial in and check the progress of software jobs, before i cut a check.. bad news is there are a lot more bad techs then good.. keep in mind, some of the best techs in the world are right here giveing free info. mostly because we are pretty good because without problems, we get bored...

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back