Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

vodavi sts help ? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lowbmon

Technical User
Sep 3, 2011
US
i have a new customer with this vodavi sts. i am trying to add a line to the system. it currently has 2, and i am adding 3rd. after verifying good c.o., i x-connected to line port. it does not show up on keysets. tried programming from ext.100 and it waves me off. whats happenin ?

It depends on when you're getting the error tone. You'll need to program the line, put it into a line group, make sure the stations have access to the line group and configure a line key on all stations that should have access and configure ringing/routing. If you're acting as a vendor, you should have the programming docs - you'll need them. Good luck.

i do understand the latter, but the admin code is not working @ station 100. original installer and programming docs are not available. what is my next move ?

I'd guess that if you're locked out of programming, next move is to default and reprogram from scratch. If you're adding line 3, the system can't be huge - so this is probably significantly faster than trying to break in.
Mike

o.k. I AM IN. DO I HAVE TO ADD LINE 3 TO LINE GROUP/ POOL? WILL LINES DEFAULT ON TELSETS OR DO THEY HAVE TO BE ASSIGNED STATION BY STATION ETC... ALSO NEED TO ADD EXTENSION MODULE. IS THIS A DIFFICULT TASK. THANX AGAIN.

1. I would simply confirm that line ends up in appropriate group. I THINK they are in group 1 by default.
2. If the line doesn't appear on tel now, simply adding dialtone won't make it appear. You'll need to program a button.
3. Adding ext module is simply power down, slide in, power on, configure slot.
Mike

I'm hung up here also, just trying to add CO 007 and 008 to Buttons 19 and 20. Got 7 and 8 in line group and gave stations access to line group. All good, I can 88-007 as well as 802 and sit down on line. Incoming calls ring loop button. But for the life of me can't touch button 19 or 20 and pull dial tone.
I attempt to make the button flexible using Flash 50 page 2, but only make it flexible with code 0, or loop using code 2, even pool with a 3. Trying to access the button as a CO Line gives me error tone. This is from page 2-152 of the Dec. 2002 manual.
I see reference to programming the line and even program a button but how?

No longer hung! Missed the flex program button between Flash 50 page 2 and entering BB-1-LLL-hold. One key stroke was costly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back