Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vodavi 4896 Pc-DBA v1.0F

Status
Not open for further replies.

sts1584

Technical User
May 15, 2003
US
I need the programming software for the Vodavi Starplus 4896. We have old software v3.2C in the KSU (it is our in-house system), so I am looking for a specific version of the Pc-DBA program, version 1.0F. I already have version 1.0E and 1.1E and am finding certain problems when using them.

You don't need any special software.
I have a 4896 at my church and I dial in remotely using Hyperterminal, Wincomm or Procomm. Hyperterminal works great.
Just set it up for 8,1,N and 2400 baud.
If your in house system has single line ports, plug your modem into the single line port and set hyperterminal to dial 499. That is the internal modem number. If I am not mistaken, the documentation does not have the correct modem number. Anyway, it is 499. Once the modem answers, hit "enter" and the 4896 should respond with software version and prompt you for a password. The password is "3226vodavi". Hit enter and you should have the adm prompt for programming. Pressing "?" and enter will present a list of the programming buttons and their corresponding "keyboard" key.
If you don't have single line ports, plug your modem into a central office line. Set hyperterminal to dial your main number. When the call rings on your phone, answer it and "Transfer" 499. This will connect you to the modem.
The way I do it at the church and on my own system is that I have a line sharing device on the last line. I set hyperterminal to dial the number and then 22 (this happens to be the steering digits required by my particular line share device)to direct me to a vacant trunk in the system which I have designated as a DISA line in programming. That line does not appear on any phones. I give hyperterminal 3 pauses (commas) and then tell it to dial "100" (this is the DISA acces code in programming and it can be changed to anything you want) another pause and then dial "499". This connects me to the modem without any assistance so I can get in after hours. The other advantage to this is that I can call into my system or the church's on this line and dial the 22 myself, then the 100 and call any extension within the system without going through an attendant. The advantage for my system is that I can call into my system using my 800 number from anywhere and using that DISA trunk make calls on my line billed to my number from anywhere. Does that make sense?
Gary Blake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back