Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VNC on 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

w33mhz

MIS
May 22, 2007
US
Has anyone found issues using VNC on 2008? I have installed real and ultra and I seem to get an issue with the keyboard keys not taking at the Ctrl Alt Del screen. It seems to work fine on 2008 VM's, but not so much on actual physical servers, so that tells me it is some kind of driver issue. Anyone else finding this to be an issue?

Well actually we found that with rdp there are 2 issues. One you can have multiple connection to the server and sometimes we might get a couple people working on an issue with the machine and both are logged in and neither knew the other was working on it. Second we could limit to 1 session, but we would end up stealling the session from each other. So we decided to take an alternate route which works well. We disable rdp and use vnc, you can password protect and encrypt VNC so you can have a secure connection and you can connect and see if anyone is doing anything on the machine. VNC can get a little slow but for our senerio it works, it also gives a single way to access machines, don't have to remember to use the VI client or an IP KVM session. Some people get confuse and/or don't understand the difference.

another issue with RDP that VNC does not have, is that the RDP will do a logoff/login .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back