Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VNC for Micros WS5 - PLEASE HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coyote2

MIS
May 25, 2010
US
Hi,
I'm trying to install VNC viewer/client on my WS5 and VNC server on my PC but cannot seem to find the correct version!!

there are few posts here related to this but the links to download the tool are expried so can someone direct me to the recommended version and instructions on how to install on client (ws5)?

thank you very much.

FYI - Not sure if it makes any difference but I have e7 running on that terminal. thanks

There are some tightvnc packages in there. Doesn't set a password, which you might want to consider changing the package to do. I never worry about it because we have a closed network anyway - if they get in far enough that they can hit VNC on the workstations they've already compromised the network.

Dear Moregelen,
thanks for your help but in my WS5 I don't have the path the readme files shows.
see screenshot here
am I looking in the wrong place?

please let me know what I need to do; details instructions on how to install/deploy will be highly appreciated.

thanks

To be honest I don't do e7 often enough to know how to put stuff in whatever CAL it uses. You can always open the Setup.DAT file and do whats in the file. Use a thumb drive to move the files over. The same utilities in DOC should be there.

Hi Moregelen,
the setup.dat file contains the following:

-----------------------------------------------------
NAME,SCRNSAVER,
VERSION,1.0.0.1,
CLOSEAPPLICATION,3700OPSAPP,,5000
#
DELETEREGISTRYKEY,SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\ScreenSaver,
PAUSE,2000,
REBOOT,1
#
TRANSFERFILE,ScrnSaver.reg,\DOC\Scrnsaver\ScrnSaver.reg,
#
EXECANDWAIT,\DOC\Utilities\RegUtility.exe,/RESTORE \Doc\Scrnsaver\ScrnSaver.reg,
PAUSE,2000
REBOOT,1
------------------------------------------------------

so I'm still not sure what to do here!!!

thanks

Coyote2 - Yes. I have a package for WS5a (CE), but need to deploy VNC to a WIN32 client. I've tried to build from scratch to no avail.

Deploy for a Win32 MSI package looks like:

################################################################################
VERSION,1.0.0.1,
NAME,Win32YourMSI

################################################################################
TRANSFERFILE,.\yourmsi.msi,%MICROSDrive%\yourmsi.msi
EXECANDWAIT,msiexec /i %MICROSDrive%\yourmsi.msi /quiet /qn,

#
#REBOOT
REBOOT,1
#

There are a few Win32 VNC packages that come in MSI format. If you mess something up, bump the version number up and it will re-process.

moregelen seems to have uploaded the wrong setup.dat file for the WS5 VNC package. I just brought a WS5 into my lab and need to set up remote access, so I'll submit a script that works for binaries/reg keys from their dropbox site for the WS5/WS5A VNC before too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back