Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VMware Training Course 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITboywonder

Technical User
Aug 25, 2003
US
I was thinking about going to VMware's training course Virtual Infrastructure w / ESX Server & VirtualCenter.

Has anyone here attended this course? Is it worth the price tag?

I have a year of experience administering ESX, and reading manuals, very little with vc.
Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome.

-Nate

This course is definetly worth it. ESX 3.0 is to be out soon and I know there is a beta class for this next week. You may want to hold out until 3.0 is released.

Take the course and do not worry about 3.0 beta course yet. Please wait if you feel that is best for you but you will learn so many principals and best practices you will have nothing to loose. 3.0 is not a complete make over infact it looks very much the same.

Thank you gentlemen for your input.

The company I work for will be sending two employees to a VMware training course at different times during the year.

I am one of those 2 people, so I will just go ahead and attend the current course curriculim. One of my counterparts will attend the 3.0 course when it becomes available later this year.

Again, thank you for your suggestions.

-Nate

I finished the class and got my VCP a couple of weeks ago. Definately worth it. However there will be substantial changes in ESX 3.0 and VC2.0. 64bit OS support, paravirtualization for linux distros, 16GB limit on VMs, support for VT and Pegasus, are just a few. However my instructor did take the time to cover alot of the basics on these during the course. I recommend getting on the ESX3.0 beta if you can.

Microsoft Certified Nut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back