Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VMS Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

neildlb

Programmer
Mar 30, 1999
PH
Hi everyone.

I am doing an application that will need to send e-mail to multiple users. Some recipient are on Lotus Notes (within our network) and some are outside (eg. free email sites, etc).

I have had no problems with the users on our network, they are getting the emails. The problem is on the users outside our network, they never got the email.

Please share with me how you are doing this in your areas.

Following is the code that I used:

$ MAIL_LIST = "DSA213:[WKSDEV.CHARITY.MAIL]SBCON_AMKOR.DIS"
$ MAIL/SUBJECT="Error" -
DSA213:[WKSDEV.CHARY.TEST]F20060607161037.MSG;2 -
"@''MAIL_LIST'"

I am actually thinking that this might be an SMTP issue.

neildlb,

What are the contents of your distribution list file. In most cases, it is necessary to specify the transport mechanism in addition to the email address (the transport name will depend upon which IP stack or email processing product is in use).

A good way to find out the default transport name for SMTP messages in many cases is to send yourself a message from outside to the OpenVMS system. Then look at the "From:" address.

Robert "Bob" Gezelter,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back