Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VMS hunt zero rings

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaim

Programmer
Jul 7, 2002
US
i programed the night VMS hunt delay to 0 rings on all my lines, but i still get a half of a ring on my phones. does anyone know what causes this?

You must also Turn off ringing to the staions or you will hear the same ring that the VM system hears.

Well, if you're using 0 rings at night only, you probably don't want to turn off all the ringers, because you'd need to turn them back on in the day mode.

You could put DND buttons on the ringing phones, but you's need to remember to turn them off in day mode.

You could use night/day mode "backwards". Program the phones for NO ring, put them in the Night Service group, swap your day and night messages and day/night vms hunt rings. Then relabel the "Night Svc." button as "Business Day" or some such. Run in night mode when open, and day mode when closed.

thank you

i will try using the night service group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back