Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VMPro with default greeting for all user 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albus2

Programmer
Sep 18, 2010
CH
IPO500v2 6.1.5 with VM Pro

How can I do this:
- The customer wants to have voice mail for all user, but they should have a standard greeting instead of everyone recording he's own greeting.

But, of course, they still want individual mailboxes.

I tried two ways:
1) Record a dummy personal greeting just to create the file. In VM\Greetings there is a file username_1.wav (sometimes username_1_$.wav). Now just replace the file with the one the customer wants to have for everyone.
Problem:
- Cumbersome. And it ends with 50 times the same file, but with different names. Beside of that, this works.

2) Create a module and put a leave mail action. Assign it the standard text in entry point and let messages go to caller's mailbox in the specific tab.
Problem:
- Easy to do, but too easy or simply not finished because:
- VMPro still thinks the user does not have a personal greeting recorded and play the default greeting "Your call is being answered by IP Office...." plus the instructions after the first greeting.

I don't want to just delete these standard texts. Isn't there another way to do it?

use mc_01
This will provide 0,4 seconds of silence.
copy this one in to the users recording name field.
Then change it to the users name.

This will stop the record name issue.

When you pay peanuts, you get monkeys!

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

Sarcasm, it's only one of the services I offer.

I see. Good idea.
If they did the initial setup (*17 and follow the lady to record name and change password) then this name is already recorded. Or do you mean something else?

When you copy mc_01 to the users directory (where the recorded name should be) then the ipo does not ask to record the name.

It's a good tip, but does not solve my problem. Maybe I have to explain better.
If a user records he's personal greeting, then the caller does only hear he's voice. If no greeting is recorded, VM Pro plays these 'Your call is being answered by IP Office.' and a lot more. Now if I use the leave mail action and put the pre recorded announcement in it, then the caller hears this announcement but then in addition the 'Your call is being answered by IP Office....' etc.

I want the caller to just hear the pre recorded announcement, a beep and then he may leave a message in the users box. No other texts.

Then go to the users mailbox in vmpro and put a voice question in it.
Then put on the pre recorder wav and add a timer in it for the time that the message can be.

Do this for every user ( copy/paste)

in the default leave start point add a "Listen" action, add your prerecorded wav file as a announcement and add "mc_00.wav" from the WAV/us folder as a second announcement. Set the mailbox destination to "callers mailbox".
If a caller reach the VM Box they hear the first announcement folowed by the second ( which is a beep ) and can start leaving their message.
The caller never gets any system prompt and the caller get no further options after leaving a message.
I always use this setup above the default leave action.

Have a star!
This just what I needed. Thank you.

@intrigrant, Albus2
in the default leave start point add a "Listen" action, add your prerecorded wav file as a announcement and add "mc_00.wav" from the WAV/us folder as a second announcement. Set the mailbox destination to "callers mailbox".

what the next step ?
i want to remove "Your call is being answered by IP Office.. etc

If I understand integrants method this would also disable the option to dial 0 for reception which may or may not be a problem

if you are comfortable with the linux command line you could try opt 1 on the applications server but instead of copying the wave file for each users create symbolic links instead

it would also mean that if the greeting changes it would only have to be re-recorded & them be available to all ( I would remove wright permissions for the file to prevent this being done accidentally though)

*Note I have not actually tested the above but it should work.

I do not Have A.D.D. im just easily, Hey look a Squirrel!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back